Windows 10 Win 10 mail tile active but wont open

marbil146

Everything worked fine until the update this week,then the system got buggy.
Reboots solve most problems but now its the mail tile....I see on it, all the emails that have come in,but when I click on it,the big blue window with the envelope comes up,but it doesn't open.
I'm I doing something wrong?

Sorry im just not that computer savvy, but I got into the command prompt but did not see the part to copy and paste.
BTW if its any help the calendar doesnt open either.

It's pretty easy. First you have to open cmd and find your name and a code*** beside it using a command wmic useraccount get name,sid. Then Windows+R and type regedit. You can just navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore and when you find the folder with your ***code just delete the whole folder.

I think the problem is with app cache, this method should solve it.

It's pretty easy. First you have to open cmd and find your name and a code*** beside it using a command wmic useraccount get name,sid. Then Windows+R and type regedit. You can just navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore and when you find the folder with your ***code just delete the whole folder.

I think the problem is with app cache, this method should solve it.

Thanks,I'll try but need a friend to guide me through this......I've been searching other forums and see that many are having the same problem since the update last week,so maybe waiting for Microsoft to fix it with a new update would be the way to go.

Me too, guys from reddit were talking about it the other day. I've been trying to solve it for a whole day, tried every command I could find and finally this helped. Sometimes I'm grateful to Microsoft for the bugs because I learn a lot solving them. It's not hard, just follow the instructions.

Me too, guys from reddit were talking about it the other day. I've been trying to solve it for a whole day, tried every command I could find and finally this helped. Sometimes I'm grateful to Microsoft for the bugs because I learn a lot solving them. It's not hard, just follow the instructions.

I just want to thank you for your efforts in trying to help me.....this last one got me to a folder I wasn't sure I should delete.
I'm a bit nervous playing arround in the registry,so backed away and went through 3 Restore's,all the way back to the original download and they all came up with a failed window at the end,telling me to turn off my security and try again,which it was off,but there were changes after each restore,then strangely on the 3rd so called failed one I got my mail app back but other apps including the Store wouldn't work.
I was going to live with it that way until this A.M. I couldn't access my photos because windows couldn't find the element....That was the last straw so I'm back on win7 until this gets resolved.....too bad,for the first few days I just loved win.10.
Thanks again.

I'm sorry to hear that. When I did the registry all my apps came back and everything was downloading and updating through Windows Store. Again I deleted some of the apps I don't use and after few days everything works fine. Please ask if you need any help again, solving Windows problems is my favourite leisure :D

Back