Windows 7 Win 7 Memory Issue

bjtaz44

Hi, I have Windows 7 64 bit with 4 gigs of RAM, Pentium Core2Duo Processor, Nvidia Geforce 9500GT 1 Gig Video Card. All Drivers are updated to Windows 7. Ok my problem is when I want to watch a video on Media Player or Streaming video off the Net or any high Memory operation.... it tells me my system has low memory and please close off some programs and try again. I have nothing running at all when I get this warning. And windows is seeing all 4 gigs...

Task Manager tells me this

MEMORY
TOTAL 4093
Cached 2428
Available 2407
Free 32
My computer is virus free and this is still a new install (clean) so I am confused...Anyone have any ideas??

Hi, I have Windows 7 64 bit with 4 gigs of RAM, Pentium Core2Duo Processor, Nvidia Geforce 9500GT 1 Gig Video Card. All Drivers are updated to Windows 7. Ok my problem is when I want to watch a video on Media Player or Streaming video off the Net or any high Memory operation.... it tells me my system has low memory and please close off some programs and try again. I have nothing running at all when I get this warning. And windows is seeing all 4 gigs...

Task Manager tells me this

MEMORY
TOTAL 4093
Cached 2428
Available 2407
Free 32
My computer is virus free and this is still a new install (clean) so I am confused...Anyone have any ideas??

Just this morning I stubled upon a number of articles all mentioning a memory leak in Windows 7. Microsoft says they have not been able to reproduce it but other sources claim it is a rather serious leak and speculate that this might influence the official release date (october 22). Personally I doubt the last part because thare's way to much money involved by now to change the date but the part about the leak seems pretty certain as numerous sources mention and Microsoft hasn't actually denied it's exestence. They say it's an issue with a certain type of memory and not with Windows 7 itself. That in itself is of course debateable because apparently there was no problem with the type of memory before Windows 7. If you Google for it you'll find the articles at the top, they're only a couple of days old.

Thanks

Just this morning I stubled upon a number of articles all mentioning a memory leak in Windows 7. Microsoft says they have not been able to reproduce it but other sources claim it is a rather serious leak and speculate that this might influence the official release date (october 22). Personally I doubt the last part because thare's way to much money involved by now to change the date but the part about the leak seems pretty certain as numerous sources mention and Microsoft hasn't actually denied it's exestence. They say it's an issue with a certain type of memory and not with Windows 7 itself. That in itself is of course debateable because apparently there was no problem with the type of memory before Windows 7. If you Google for it you'll find the articles at the top, they're only a couple of days old.

Thanks for the reply, I have googled it but still am not getting it, I even bought different RAM and swapped it out but I still get the low memory warning and it won't let me open anything. So I just don't know what else to do.

Your issue is not related to the memory leak issue. That has to do with chkdsk.exe only.

It could be an OS corruption of some sort, that could have been caused by a memory problem.
Memory problems can cause all kinds of weird things, as well as file and OS corruption.

I would run memory diags (they must run for no less than 4 hours)
Then reload the OS and see if the problem continues

Back