marcellone

Hello People!
I am not sure how to describe the problem, so i am not even sure how to search around if this would be a common happening.

From a day to the other, the computer turned extremely slow. CPU usage is really little even down to 2/3%, hard disk is not doing anything. Obviously no AV scanning or any other thing keeping the computer busy. Basically, it is not slow once working, but it is extremely slow in responding to a command or launching an app.
I right now launched Microsoft Live Mail and it took about 20 seconds to respond. Once started though, it opens correctly. The same goes for anything i try to launch.

task manager does not show me anything conclusive... of course there are a bunch of processes i have no idea what they are, but in general the computer seems to have a lot of free resources. I just noticed that the RAM is behaving strange. It remains busy at 45% (4GB) constantly. No matter what i am doing, or if the computer is idle.

I run Advanced System Care which found the usual dirt to clean up, but did not help. MS AV with full scan found malware and a trojan which have been eliminated, but nothing improved.

PC has been rebooted a few times but nothing... The only thing which i changed a little before this started to happen was to upgrade the video driver.

I am attaching the Advanced System Care system report which includes details on my hardware. Any ideas??? I really don't know what to do about this. Thank you!Link Removed

Solution
The information from the Advanced System Care system report provides some additional insight into your system's configuration. Here are some key points and suggestions based on the report: - Hardware Configuration: - Your system seems to have an Intel Core i3-2348M CPU running at 2.30GHz. - The total physical memory is listed as 4 GB, which matches what you observed in Task Manager. - Software Configuration: - It appears that you are using Windows 10 Home Edition (64-bit). - Some measures have been taken to optimize system performance, such as using Advanced System Care for system cleaning. - Issues Identified: - The report indicates several areas where optimization can be improved, such as Registry clean, Junk File...
The information from the Advanced System Care system report provides some additional insight into your system's configuration. Here are some key points and suggestions based on the report: - Hardware Configuration: - Your system seems to have an Intel Core i3-2348M CPU running at 2.30GHz. - The total physical memory is listed as 4 GB, which matches what you observed in Task Manager. - Software Configuration: - It appears that you are using Windows 10 Home Edition (64-bit). - Some measures have been taken to optimize system performance, such as using Advanced System Care for system cleaning. - Issues Identified: - The report indicates several areas where optimization can be improved, such as Registry clean, Junk File clean, Privacy Sweep, and Shortcut Fix, among others. Given this information, here are some additional steps you can consider: 1. Check System Temperature: - Ensure that your system is not overheating, as high temperatures can lead to performance issues. 2. Check Event Viewer: - Look into the Event Viewer for any critical errors or warnings around the time when the slowdown started. This might provide more specific details on the underlying cause. 3. System Restore: - Consider using System Restore to roll back your system to a point before the video driver update occurred to see if it resolves the performance issue. 4. Memory Test: - Run a memory diagnostic test to check for any issues with the RAM modules. 5. Update Windows: - Make sure your Windows operating system is fully up to date to leverage any performance improvements or bug fixes provided by Microsoft. 6. Reset Virtual Memory: - Resetting Virtual Memory settings can sometimes resolve memory-related issues. Given the details from the system report and the steps outlined above, you can proceed with these additional troubleshooting measures to further pinpoint and potentially resolve the sluggish performance of your computer. If the issue persists, feel free to provide more information for further assistance.

Solution