Windows 7 Win 7 updates?

Jonzjob

For the last 4 or 5 times that I have shut our laptop down I have been getting the message not to shut down, 2 updates are being installed. Ther have been no indications that there were any updates waiting to be installed whilst using the machine. Each time I have powered up the machine it has said it was configuring Windows updates, 0% complete. Do not turnoff your computer. It then sits with that message for about 5 minutes or so and is quite annoying.

Has there been that many updates over the past few days, or is this a problem? Any ideas please?

Yes there has been recent updates but all should have gone through by now.. Does the lappie still give the same message each time?

I tried 2 retarts in quick sucession, same thing, a 5 minute wait, BUT on the second one I was sat by the thing and timing it (5 minutes) and for about 10 seconds there was a message that said 'Failure Configuring Windows Updates'. So on return from our French lesson this afternoon I went into Control Panel -- Sys Security -- Find and fix problems and that led me to doing a further 'check for updates.

It down loaded said updates asked for a restart, which I did, and now it has installed the updates correctly and is behaving its self!

Thanks anyway for your help folks :) I still think that these things are about as user friendly as a cornered RAT!

Back