Windows 7 Win 7 Upgrade on Dell Dimension 4400

jagaman

I recently installed Win7 on a Dell Dimension 4400 running WinXP. It's up and running fine, here are some of the issues I ran into.
1.) The Dimension 4400 came with a CD and I needed to buy a cheap $29.00 DVD drive and install it.
2.) The network card was not recognized and neither was the sound card card so I needed to open up the Dimension Box again to get the make and model number off the cards so I could install the proper drivers from Dell.
3.) I saved my old emails and contacts from Outlook XP, when I reinstalled Outlook XP, I couldn't import emails or contacts without downloading a Outlook Assistant hotfix from Microsoft.
4). Dell said they did not have drivers to support the AIO 962 printer, however they offered another AIO printer for $149.00.
5.) All in all if that was the worst of it, I'm happy. I've been doing microsoft upgrades since the days of DOS 2.0, so we have came a long way.

I recently installed Win7 on a Dell Dimension 4400 running WinXP. It's up and running fine, here are some of the issues I ran into.
1.) The Dimension 4400 came with a CD and I needed to buy a cheap $29.00 DVD drive and install it.
2.) The network card was not recognized and neither was the sound card card so I needed to open up the Dimension Box again to get the make and model number off the cards so I could install the proper drivers from Dell.
3.) I saved my old emails and contacts from Outlook XP, when I reinstalled Outlook XP, I couldn't import emails or contacts without downloading a Outlook Assistant hotfix from Microsoft.
4). Dell said they did not have drivers to support the AIO 962 printer, however they offered another AIO printer for $149.00.
5.) All in all if that was the worst of it, I'm happy. I've been doing microsoft upgrades since the days of DOS 2.0, so we have came a long way.
Good for you.... most would have given up at step 1 or 2. Welcome to the forum! BTW, if you haven't got the Dell Printer yet, there are a lot better buys out there without having to use their expensive ink.

I agree with busydog, If you haven't got a printer yet. Shop around. I have a Dell AIO Photo 926 and was able to get it for less dollars than what Dell's price was. (cost me only 92 dollars) That is if you want a Dell. If not My wife just bought a Lexmark AIO for even less and to tell the truth if I get another printer I will go with Lexmark. Dell has sold me software in the past that was useless. If you are in the States check WalMart out or stores like that. You can really get a good deal. By the way the photo 926 has 64 bit drivers that work. Same with the ink, don't buy from Dell. Cheaper if you can get it in a store.

Can anyone help me learn to load Windows 7 on a Dell Demension 4400? I have a Windows 7 Professional Dell disk I've tried almost every thing but get errors saying I need Window 7 drivers? Video card works fine, I have 2ghz processor and 2gb Ram so I am good there, but can't seem to find drivers??

Back