TwinA

Hello everyone

Specs:
- build 7057, x64
- 4 GB ram
- Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.00 Ghz)
- Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT (running latest drivers - GeForce/ION Driver Release 185 )
- No OC'ing
- No custom drivers

Problem:
My computer goes BSOD randomly. The most common reason is whenever I exit Neverwinter Nights 2. That gives me a BSOD every single time - no exception. I choose exit from the menu, the screen goes black (game shutting down) - and it returns the BSOD. The BSOD mostly refere to the file win32k.sys (C:\windows\system32\win32k.sys), and is most often returning the bug check code VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT. I have investigated the .DMP files, produced by the crash, and they ALL give me the BUGCHECK string of 0x3B.

I have tried:

I tried to google this problem, attacking it from any possible angle, but none of the results matched my story - the closest was a guy with busted RAM - but i just checked mine 20 minutes ago with MemTest86+, from a Hirens Boot CD - they passed (as expected). I even tried renaming the file, though I was positive that it would render my system unbootable - it did .

From the dump files:
Below I have included some of the things that I see in all the dump files:
(as they might give someone here a general idea or direction to go, without having to open the entire dmp file as I did)

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff9600012661f, fffff88008f82090, 0}
SYMBOL_NAME: win32k!xxxRequestOutOfFullScreenMode+6b

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

IMAGE_NAME: win32k.sys

STACK_COMMAND: .cxr 0xfffff88008f82090 ; kb

BUCKET_ID: WRONG_SYMBOLS

Followup: MachineOwner
Attached 14 dump files.
If anyone would look at these, or if anyone has suggestions, I would LOVE to hear about it!

Any help is really appreciated! I am really out of options

Kind Regards
TwinA

I know that RC1 is released, but I do now wish to format before RTM is released! Formatting is not an option.

Last edited:
Solution
Thanks to those who looked, and thanks to those who downloaded the dumps..

I found the issue though!
- I updated my audio driver, and disabled Outpost Firewall (from Agnitum). Though it is a world class firewall, its still beta for Win7, and its rather intrusive regarding protection - so disabling it while gaming did it

Thread can be locked.
Thanks to those who looked, and thanks to those who downloaded the dumps..

I found the issue though!
- I updated my audio driver, and disabled Outpost Firewall (from Agnitum). Though it is a world class firewall, its still beta for Win7, and its rather intrusive regarding protection - so disabling it while gaming did it

Thread can be locked.

Solution
thanks for posting your solution! It's very usefull for me!
I spent all night looking for solution!
by the way have you got any way to keep outpost working during videogames session?

OK, i've got a workaround for that:

this is part of an email sent by agnitum support center to an user who was experiensing the same bug. It's work for a couple of users and me too.

Waiting for a new outpost's release fully working on 7.