Windows 7 Win XP 32 > Win7x64 Migrate Settings Data: Chrome+Extn, Outlook+iTunes+App? How do I migrate the SE

crashnburn

Extraordinary Member
XP32 > Win7x64 Migrate Settings Data: Chrome+Extn, Outlook+iTunes+App?

How do I migrate these SETTINGS DATA etc so that on the new OS after Application Installation and APP SETTINGS / DATA migration its exactly as before.

Especially the following Applications & their Data:

OUTLOOK + iTUNES + APPS + iPhone SYNC:
What would be a fool proof way of making this as "error proof as possible"?
How: Transfer iTunes + Outlook (Calendar/ Contacts) from WinXP to Win7 64 new PC?

I have read individual migration / transfer guides for iTunes as well for Outlook.

One of the the methods for iTunes is seems pretty simple as we gotta just copy the ENTIRE library folder over as defined here.
How to Transfer Your iTunes Collection from One Computer to Another - How-To Geek

But this Synch on my Win XP 32 machine:
iPhone 4 (4.2.1 - JB: Apps, Contacts, Calendar) <> [ iTunes (Apps) <> Outlook (Contacts + Calendar) ]

The Synch needs to be moved to the new Win 7 x64 machine.. AS IT IS without any information loss (The information chain marked in BOLD)

Does this method also migrate all the iTunes SETTINGS on what parts of Outlook to sync with?

I'd like for the sync to be seamless. Any thoughts on what I should do for that in terms of Outlook + iTunes?

GOOGLE CHROME & EXTENSIONS:
Google Chrome & the Extensions as they are. Especially, the INFO, DATA, SETTINGS, SESSIONS stored inside several EXTENSIONS.

backup - Syncing Chrome Extension Settings w/ Dropbox - Super User
CHROME EXTENSION SETTINGS:

They are stored in the Local Storage area of the User Data folder:

Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Local Storage/

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\

Vista/7: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\

Linux: ~/.config/google-chrome/Default/Local Storage/

The files (SQLite) are each named:
chrome-extension_<an alpha code of some sort>_0.localstorage.

OFFICE MIGRATION DATA LOCATIONS after searching the web:

Data/ Profile

Outlook
LOCATIONS:
C:\Users\Abhishek\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

One NOTE
LOCATIONS:
C:\Users\Abhishek\Documents\OneNote Notebooks\

WHAT AM I MISSING?
WHAT STEPS CAN I FOLLOW TO PREVENT LOSS OF APPLICATION SETTINGS & APP-SAVED DATA.

I am wondering about 2 more things now:

1) DATA for CONTACTS

Both of the following a "structured data" for the AddressBook/Contacts that sync with each other.

Outlook 2007 (Contacts) (now in WinXP Pro SP3) and
iPhone (Contacts) (now on iPhone 4 iOS 4.2.1)

My question is if I had to choose between one source, which would be the BETTER/ RICHER source of Data for re-population of data on 2 new systems:

Windows 7 x64
iPhone iOS 5.x

If so, how best would I migrate the data to the new systems. I am fine with SSH & iFunbox usage on iPhone. I can learn how to exactly backup and use Contacts also. But, I'd like to know whats best.

2) Migrating WINDOWS LIVE MAIL as IT IS

What files, settings, folders/ paths should I copy/ backup & migrate to have Windows Live Mail be as similar as possible.

Please, answer 1 question before I say anything (more)…

Is this one computer or 2 we are talking about here? I'm trying to sort out... this isn't an 'upgrade' from XP x86 to Win7 x64, right or is it?

Cheers,
Drew

Please, answer 1 question before I say anything (more)…

Is this one computer or 2 we are talking about here? I'm trying to sort out... this isn't an 'upgrade' from XP x86 to Win7 x64, right or is it?

Cheers,
Drew

Same machine but new HDD/SSD with Fresh Install of Win 7 x64 (Old HDD XP x32). So I want to keep as much data AS IT WAS.

Back