Windows 7 win7 auto sorting making win7 horrible

iMissWinXP

Extraordinary Member
I have this 'disorder' where I like my files to be organized and easy to access in a user friendly manner… My problem is win7 makes things needlessly difficult.

By far my biggest issue is moving files around…. I might have a folder with a few dozen (or a few hundred) files, so when I cut/paste it into that folder its not conveniently at the bottom of the folder, it disappears because its auto 'sorted'. So if I want to create a shortcut im in for some ms misery. I need to memorize the exact filename or filesize (I find filesize to be easier to remember), cut/paste, then sort destination folder by filesize, then find the file visually…. Now imaging doing this 100 times. Keeping things organized + having shortcuts in win7 can be a massive pain.

Why isnt MS fixing this? You see many post on this going many years back. You even see threads where MS closed discussions on this. Why do you think MS is spitting on so many of their customers? What do they have to loss from making this an optional opt-out feature?

Back