Windows 7 Win7 Internet Connection Problems with certain Programs

TSDesigns

I updated my computer from Vista to Windowa 7 about a month ago. Every program worked then, but after installation I had problems with some programs connect with the internet.

Internet Explorer, Windows Live Messenger, and Yahoo Messenger don't conntect. And iTunes doesn't connect online also to its store or able to authorize it. Also video's won't upload to YouTube as well.

I am using Firefox which works along with Opera and AIM. That is all I know. THe Tech support from my college never heard of the problem so I thought I should post. I have seen somewhat similar problem but nothing exactly.

I have read many stories about the iTunes Bonjour service causing connection problems. I never really followed up on them as I do not use iTunes at all.

Try temporarily disabling the Bonjour service and see if it helps or fixes the problem.

I have read many stories about the iTunes Bonjour service causing connection problems. I never really followed up on them as I do not use iTunes at all.

Try temporarily disabling the Bonjour service and see if it helps or fixes the problem.

What is the bonjour service?

Also any other help out there? This is really bothering me

I have checked all over and can't find a solution. Don't know if I am looking in the wrong places or it isn't there but can't find anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

please snip and post the results of an ipconfig /all from a command prompt and also type system information into the search box and hit enter and expand "Software Environment" and highlight "Startup Programs" and snip it and post it (see attachments)

First try to manually assign the dns servers in your network adapter properties, ipv4 properties and see if that helps. For now just use 8.8.8.8 for the preferred and 8.8.4.4 for the alternate
As Blunt advised in his earlier post, type services.msc in the search box and hit enter....look for an entry for bonjour, stop it and set it to manual
Look at the very top item or near it, in the services console, is there a peculiar service name, that contains a long string of numbers or special character and letters or a combination of those, kinda looks like a GUID string. Stop it and set it to disabled
Let us know if any of that helped

There are about 20 known connection fixes in the link in my tagline.

You won't have bonjour services unless you have installed iTunes.

Last edited:
First try to manually assign the dns servers in your network adapter properties, ipv4 properties and see if that helps. For now just use 8.8.8.8 for the preferred and 8.8.4.4 for the alternate
As Blunt advised in his earlier post, type services.msc in the search box and hit enter....look for an entry for bonjour, stop it and set it to manual
Look at the very top item or near it, in the services console, is there a peculiar service name, that contains a long string of numbers or special character and letters or a combination of those, kinda looks like a GUID string. Stop it and set it to disabled
Let us know if any of that helped

How do I manually assign those? I think I may know but not sure. I have a new router and it was working great with vista now this so.. i do not know what the problme is... or even how to get into the new routers settings.. i knew how on my old linksys but not this dlink

See attachment. Also check and confirm that that new router has the latest firmware. As far as getting into the router settings, it should have came with a user manual, and the manufacturer will probably have a manual on line that you can download. But most or them use a browser interface, just take a look at your default gateway and type that into the address bar on the browser, something like http://192.168.1.1

You say Firefox works fine but internet explorer 8 won't connect to the internet. So can you tell me what happens when you open IE8, do you get an error, page not found, ie can't display page, what happens. When you open IE8 and paste this into the address bar 64.233.169.99 and hit enter, what happens.
They're just browsers, they are basically the same in so far as how they actually open a generic web page. So something is not adding up. Did you uninstall all third party firewalls and antivirus suites. Please confirm

try this...hold down the windows logo key on the bottom left of your keyboard and strike the R key this should bring up the run dialog box now type
iexplore -extoff this should launch the IE8 browser without any addons, now type a problem URL in the address bar and let us know what happens.

Back