Windows 7 Win7-Multiple OS network- Works AWSOME!

CodeOfsilence

I am running a small home network that includes the following devices.
1. win7 (build 7000), dual booting vista
2. Win XP
3. Win vista Laptop
4. Xbox 360

See the network map below.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

As you can see all the devices are being recognized automatically and i am able to access all those devices from the win7 Pc.

The installation of windows 7 beta took about 20 minutes, the system i am using has the following specs.
Quad Core Q9450 2.66Ghz, 4GB RAM OCZ,
Asus P5K Pro motherboard, Nvidia GTX260,
2 x 500GB Seagate HDs, 2 x Samsung DVD burners, PSU 650Watt Antec.

This is my own build and is about 6 months old. I have not had any crashes with vista for the past 6 months and i have had no crashes with Win7 so far i've been using it for 4 days.

Dual booting with windows vista. I had no issues during the installation and everything updated like it should, i have no missing drivers on my setup.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

I can also access the windows XP partition from my win7 partition.

There are some things that i want to mention though. Windows media player, i either do not know how to import music or it is broken, File- Manage libraries- select a folder and click add, this should import all the music in that folder correct? If this is not how it is done, please advise.

Second issues, I am able to view the folders on the win7 Pc thru the xbox 360. I am able to open them but they are empty, xbox does not find any .avi files. I hope i'm not the only one with this issue, i hope this is being addressed.

All in all, this is a good OS i like it a lot, its very slik, very light. I sound like a fan boy but im not, just saying good job for a job well done.

Back