Win8 - Xbox Live games save data

I have a question about the Windows 8 Xbox Live games save data. Are they accessible in the computer to backup? If so, where are they stored?

One thing that I really dont like about my WP7 is they keep away any access to the saves and when I had to get my phone replaced I lost all my hard work in them and never bought another xbox live game again cause of it.

BTW I mean windows 8 for the pc.. i just mentioned the phone on this topic since that raised my concern on this

well.. that applies to xbox 360 games saves which i know how to handle those... but where are the saves for the windows 8 xbox live games? like that new jetpack game from halfbrick. I like to keep my computer fresh and usually do complete installs after 6month to a year and dont want any of my saves gone from doing so.

also.. if you download apps or games from the metro store... where in the harddrive directory tree does it install it to..

I like to keep my computer fresh and usually do complete installs after 6month to a year and dont want any of my saves gone from doing so.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Having read through a number of articles it would seem you can save to the cloud using xbox live gaming. If there is an actual folder on the pc containing saves I haven't found any reference to it.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.