Windows 7 Window 7 Pro black screen before login screen

tbjerman

Hi ,

I have a strange problem with window 7 pro , every time I turn on the PC / restart , window will boot to the window logo page then goes into black screen with no cursor.

The black screen remain for about half an hour before the login screen appears ( Crtl + Alt + del to login with password ). After login , the window operate normally.

I am not able to log into safe mode , since the same black screen issue appears.

Pls help , if any anyone has any ideas /solutions on what is wrong with the window.

Thanks.

Jerman

After login , the window operate normally.

I am not able to log into safe mode , since the same black screen issue appears.

How long ago did this problem appear? Can you narrow it down to a specific day?

Anyway, you can check the file system for errors like this:
- search for Command Prompt (just type Command in the menu search box)
- right-click on it and select run as administrator
- type sfc /scannow inside the command prompt and press Enter

Check the graphics card driver:

If the driver is already the newest then select Roll Back Driver and restart computer.
See if that makes any difference.

I have run chkdsk & sfc/ scannow , no problem found.

The black screen issues only started on Monday this week.

The black screen will go away after approx 25 minutes and I have tested a few times.

There is no mouse cursor when the black screen first appears.

When time reach 25 minute , the hard disk start to react ( with sound) & the mouse cursor appears and then the login screen appears.

Then I manage to login into the window & found out that the window taskbar / deskstop is freeze , and when I click on the screen

a menu pop up saying window explorer is not responding , I need to end the process before I can freely activate the deskstop.

Did you install anything new prior to Monday? Have you tried booting into safe mode to see if it's faster? If it is the issue could be due to a driver or some process that loads on start up.

The black screen issues only started on Monday this week.

Please launch Event Viewer and look for critical, errors or warnings on Monday.You can find the option to filter and sort the events in the right-side column. Please take a screenshot or just write here on the forum what critical events, errors or warnings took place on Monday.
Please take a look at the images below:

Back