Windows 8.1 Window 8.1.1 update & SuperAntiSpyware

badrobot

I have a Superantispyware pro that came with 3 home use licenses. I used 1 for my main PC running Windows 7, 1 for my HTPC running Windows 8.1 & 1 for my 10" tablet running Windows 8.1. After updating to 8.1.1 , my 2 Windows 8 systems were recognized as new systems when I open up Superantispyware. Since all my 3 SAS licenses are already registered to 3 pcs, it's telling me that I exceeded my license usage.

SAS_license.jpg

But when I opened up SAS on my Win 7 PC, I did not get this license issue. Both my Windows 8.1.1 PCs had this license warning.
What the hell Microsoft is doing with all these updates? Every time they release an update, they make a lot of mess. Anyone else had licensing issue?

I don't have the Pro version, I just use the free version. You may need to put in a support ticket to SAS and see what they have to say. Your the first one that I've heard bring this issue to light, I'm wondering if there are others.

I have Pro on both my pc's and don't have that issue on either, which are running Windows 8.1 and 8.1 Pro. Just fill out a support ticket at SUPERAntiSpyware's web site. http://superantispyware.com/support.html Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Customer Support Request.

I almost did that last night. But when I tried again, I was given the option to re-activate the license but it also game me a warning that it will deactivate the oldest PC where I have the same license activated which is my main Win 7 PC. I did it anyway. But when I went to check the SAS on Win 7, the license was not deactivated. Maybe the "old PC" it was referring to is the Win 8.1 on the same machine before the update. That is weird. I will observe this one first. Thanks.

Thanks. I will contact SAS if I encounter anymore problem. Reactivating the license seems to work without affecting other machines.

Back