Windows 10 Windows 10-64 bit BSOD Multiple errors when launching game(s)

Aaron Malik

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_EQUAL (Once I have gotten (usbport.sys) and another time I got (portcls.sys))
KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER

I have ran a windows memory diagnostic check and have no errors appear.
I have defragged disk drives.
I ran CCleaner and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware(trial). Fixed somethings but nothing has changed.
Important to note that this only happens when launching a game

Attachments

• W7F_22-05-2016.zip
    812.2 KB · Views: 356
Hi,
just going through your dump files now. I'll post back shortly.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck FE, {5, ffffe000fec641a0, 10024397, ffffe0010254e868}

Probably caused by : usbohci.sys ( usbohci!OHCI_PollIsoEndpoint+6b )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
the above dump check relates to USB port issues and is usually driver related. This particular dump file blamed the USB controller having a different physical memory address than the one allocated in the USB driver.
You had a number of different bugchecks ranging from internal power management errors to memory management issues as well as your AV suite being mentioned.
You also need to update device drivers and when checking your support page I see driver support stops at Windows 8.1. Did you check the system for compatibility before upgrading?

BavR3base64.sys Fri Jun 27 03:46:10 2014: BAIDU Antivirus Driver: Please remove your AV suite and just use the on board Defender as this is ultra stable. The link below will help in it's removal.
Baidu Antivirus 5.0

atikmdag.sys Mon Mar 21 14:19:43 2016: AMD GPU driver. Although recent this driver was also mentioned in the dumps and to make sure nothing is corrupting the driver please user the Display driver uninstaller in safe mode to remove the original driver. This will also clean out anything left behind by previous installs.
Re-install the current whql driver.
DDU

AMD

Please update your chipset drivers. As it's now getting a little old drivers are now considered 'Legacy':
Legacy
This will update your USB driver amongst other things.

CMUSBDAC.sys Thu Aug 21 07:58:25 2014: C-Media USB Audio Class 1.0 and 2.0 DAC Device Driver please update or if no longer used remove.
USB Audio--C-Media Electronics, Inc. / SUPPORT

rsdrvx64.sys Thu Feb 12 13:01:49 2009: EldoS Corporation RawDisk Driver please update:
Direct access to disks and protected files from user-mode applications in Windows - RawDisk™

rt640x64.sys Wed Oct 07 16:03:55 2015: Realtek NICDRV 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver please update:
Realtek

RTKVHD64.sys Wed Jul 29 12:59:49 2015: Realtek High Definition Audio Function Driver please update:
Realtek

Please update your Etron USB3 drivers using the download found on your motherboard support page under win 8.1:
GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3+ - GA-78LMT-USB3 (rev. 4.1)

If the bsod continues then you'll need to test your RAM. Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Post any new dump files.

oops I forgot to ask, what is the make and model of your PSU please.

Last edited:
Thank you for the information, I am unable to update and respond to your advice straight away however expect a response within 16 hours. My PSU is the corsair cx 750, model number 75-001447 (not sure if this helps) thank you for the help and I will try out your suggestions and respond ASAP. Thanks.

Okay I did some of the stuff that you mentioned and now it is working. The only things I didn't do other than the Memtest was updating the RawDisk Driver and uninstalling C-Media because I had no idea how. Anyway it's working now thanks a lot mate I would never have been able to do it without your help.

Hi Aaron!
much thanks for the update. If any issues should return then please post back.

The solution that you gave me worked for some time but I have changed a few things such as updated my drivers however the errors I am getting this time are sort of the same.
I am getting the same sort of errors, I have the BAD_POOL_HEADER, and the same DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_EQUAL error.
I will try to see how much more I can do myself however it would be helpful if you could take a look at the error logs and see if anything has changed, thanks in advance

Attachments

• W7F_18-06-2016.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 352
Before I debug your dump files you say:
The solution that you gave me worked for some time but I have changed a few things such as updated my drivers
Have you tried to reverse whatever it is you did?

System restore might be an option or did you check that already?

I'll post back shortly.

Before I debug your dump files you say:

Have you tried to reverse whatever it is you did?

System restore might be an option or did you check that already?

I'll post back shortly.

I believe that everything I have changed should not affect the pc in this way. I have not exactly tried to reverse it however, this is because I have changed a lot of things and for example have bought a new headset and installed the drivers for that, if I was to reverse it then my headset would not work or I would have to install old drivers and the problem is not easy to recreate, so even if it turned out that what I did does not make a difference then it would possibly take multiple days for me to figure out.

I did look into a system restore point once, when the first error occured after the error appeared to be fixed, however I do not have a system restore point that is not over two months old.

Code:

BugCheck D1, {18, 2, 0, fffff802031344e0}

Probably caused by : portcls.sys ( portcls!CIrpStream::GetLockedRegion+50 )

Hi,
the above bugcheck is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses. It also has another cause which is incompatible hardware...You also have a number of different dumps ranging from Bugcheck 124 (overheating usually associated with overclocking), Bugcheck 139 (corruption of critical data structures) and finally bugcheck 18 which again can be caused by hardware incompatibility as well as mismatched kernel routines.

bndef64.sys Thu May 28 12:41:07 2015: Baidu Antivirus Net Defense Driver. Please remove this AV suite and just use Defender. (Did the bsod return when you re-installed this AV suite? )
To uninstall the AV suite just use the con

CMUSBDAC.sys Thu Aug 21 07:58:25 2014: C-Media USB Audio Class 1.0 and 2.0 DAC Device Driver please update or if no longer used remove.
USB Audio--C-Media Electronics, Inc. / SUPPORT

rsdrvx64.sys Thu Feb 12 13:01:49 2009: EldoS Corporation RawDisk Driver please update:
Direct access to disks and protected files from user-mode applications in Windows - RawDisk™

rt640x64.sys Wed Oct 07 16:03:55 2015: Realtek NICDRV 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver please update:
Realtek

RTKVHD64.sys Wed Jul 29 12:59:49 2015: Realtek High Definition Audio Function Driver please update:
Realtek

If the bsod continues then you'll need to test your RAM. Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Last edited:
Okay thanks, yes I reinstalled baidu antivirus and sometime afterwards the bsod returned I thought it was unlikely the cause of the crashes however uninstalled it after the bsod returned. Uninstalling it did not fix the problem but I have kept it uninstalled. I will do what you have said, thanks for the help

I currently have baidu antivirus uninstalled but in some of the earlier error message it was installed.

Also in response to some of the earlier crash messages, the ones you say were associated with overclocking. I had msi afterburner installed before and was using it to overclock my gpu however after I updated to the latest amd drivers there is an issue that prevents me from using starting up with both of them on. I tried to find a way to use it together with the amd drivers but the bsod was not letting me startup unless in safe mode, eventually I just uninstalled afterburner and reinstalled my amd drivers and it worked fine again.

Last edited:
About the EldoS Corporation RawDisk Driver, is it needed? I tried to look up what it is but I can't find any reason as to why I would need it. Should I uninstall it? And if so how?

Last edited:
Hi Aaron,
in that case try installing the app again then boot into safe mode to remove it. I tale it you've had no blue screens recently?

I have just had some blue screens, BAD POOL HEADER and a USBPORT something (can only remember the usbport part of it)
I think I am going to do the memtest now and get back to you tomorrow with the results of that.
For now I will give you the crashes that I have just got and see if there is anything different about them, thanks.

Attachments

• W7F_19-06-2016.zip
    600.1 KB · Views: 330
Code:

BugCheck FE, {5, ffffe000eb6351a0, 10024398, ffffe000ebc20f48}

Probably caused by : usbohci.sys ( usbohci!OHCI_PollIsoEndpoint+6b )

Hi,
of the two dump files sent the first is a bugcheck D1 blaming Portcls.sys (as explained above #11). The second which is posted above relates to USB issues and again blames invalid physical addresses.

It appears that not all of the C media driver was un-installed. Can you check the Programs section again and remove anything that looks remotely connected.
cm11264.sys Fri Nov 01 06:01:38 2013: C-Media USB Audio Driver

rsdrvx64.sys Thu Feb 12 13:01:49 2009: EldoS Corporation RawDisk Driver. Still there I'm afraid.

By the way did you update your chipset drivers?

Post any new dumps and good luck with the memtest.

Back
Top Bottom