Windows 10 Windows 10 activation

John Mark

I just upgraded my motherboard/cpu/ram and installed windows 10 home successfuly. However, I am unable to activate my windows 10 because I don't know how to sign into my mircrosoft account that my digital license is tied to active it. I get an error code: 0x803F7001 and there is no place to add an account or troubleshoot.

Hi

You probably got the information you need from Neemo.

But I've found that the easiest way to deal with Microsoft Account issues is to log into your account on the net.

Sign in to your Microsoft account

Your account it tied to the email address you used to create it, as long as you know that you shouldn't have any problems, and if you don't know what your password is there is a process to recover it, or create a new one.

Once you have an account set up with a password and can log into your account online, you should be able to log into your computer using that email address and password.

Your old information was stored on your mother board, so when you changed it, the login info went with it.

Mike

I haven't yet tried moving an old W10 license tied to an old Mobo to a new one, so I don't know if this works or not.:andwhat: Mike and neemo seem to think so, I guess it's worth a try. In the pre-W10 days, this was not possible for end-users to accomplish. It had to be done by a competent Tech and required a phone call to a human being at Microsoft to resolve and transfer the license. I've done quite a few of these, and they are certainly never easy. I've also had a few folks tell me they were able to accomplish this, but Microsoft charged them upwards of $150 on their Credit Card to move the license.

Let us know how it works for you!
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Hi

I have to admit that I'm not sure how Microsoft will treat this, my post is more about how to resolve your account ID and password.

When my computer was hit by lightning and the mother board was replaced a few years ago, Windows was installed from a Microsoft official disk that came with my computer, it had a serial number etc. and I don't recall having to do anything special to activate it.

But I was running Windows 8 then.

Mike

Last edited:
Yep, W10 Activation Servers have Mobo keys at the BIOS firmware level stored with the license. My understanding is that this won't work for end-users. Since I haven't done one of these on W10 yet, I have no proof, so am simply stating the possibility exists that OP's activation may still fail. May still fail, not guaranteed to fail. If it does work, of course it would be very helpful for OP to post back and let us know his final result. If Norway or Josephur happens to read this they might have had occasion to try this on one of their Customer's computers and can let us know what the what-what is on this issue.;)

<<<BBJ>>>

Back
Top Bottom