Windows 10 Windows 10 BSOD

mike turtle

Upgraded to Windows 10 today, started getting BSODs hourly since it was installed.
I seriously doubt it's a hardware problem unless something died in the time it took to install Windows 10 because I haven't had any problems at all recently.

Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• W7F_29-07-2015.zip
    402.4 KB · Views: 762
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {41793, fffff6bffc1de000, 1, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+219c8 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi Mike,
all the dump files sent were memory related and the above means a severe memory management error occurred.
Now before we run off testing RAM I'm sure your memory was fine before you upgraded so chances are it has something to do with the upgrade. If you did upgrade then I would advise a clean install as soon as possible just to rule out that it isn't the upgrade itself causing it.
You do have some possible suspects in the form of old Asus/Intel drivers particularly these:

AiChargerPlus.sys Thu Apr 19 02:17:35 2012 : Asus Charger Driver can be a likely BSOD cause uninstall to test.

AsUpIO.sys Tue Aug 03 03:47:59 2010: Hardware monitoring. Later versions can be found on the support page of your motherboard:
P8Z68-V/GEN3 - Support

bcmwlhigh664.sys Tue Oct 30 06:00:15 2012: Broadcom 802.11 USB Network Adapter Driver please update:
NETGEAR Support | Welcome

HECIx64.sys Mon Jul 02 23:14:58 2012: Intel Management Engine Interface Driver please update:
Intel® Download Center

If the bsod continues after making the above changes then please first run the driver verifier to see if we can catch the driver which is causing the corruption. This guide although not for win 10 should be ok let me know if it isn't:
How do I fix a Blue Screen in Windows using Driver Verifier?

Post the resulting dump file (if there is one)

Can you also let me know if you upgraded or did a clean install please and as i said earlier depending on how you originally installed a clean install might be the way to go. Also did you have any reason to suspect your RAM prior to the upgrade?

Post any new dump files.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response!
I've updated those drivers and theres been no bsod since the last one, so fingers crossed it worked.
I performed the Windows 10 upgrade using Windows Update, I'll perform a clean install if the problem persists I think.
Also there was no reason to suspect my RAM, it was working perfectly for a few hours before the upgrade and it's been working perfectly for a long time, it'd have to be a fairly big coincidence for it to fail during the Window 10 upgrade, but I guess it's not impossible.

Ok Mike understood.. If the issue should return just simply post back as we never close threads. Hope you can now enjoy windows 10.. :)

Okay I just had another bsod, so I've set up Driver Verifier and I'll upload the dump files now.

Attachments

• W7F_30-07-2015.zip
    543.6 KB · Views: 1,154
Nevermind, I rolled back to Windows 8.1 because I couldn't boot my PC outside of safemode, I guess I'll upgrade in the future when there's driver updates for Windows 10. Thanks for the help though!

Code:

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 12B, {ffffffffc00002c4, 3c2, 7d8b8cd660, ffffd0002757d000}

Probably caused by : hardware ( REGION_PAGED_OUT )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v

FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE (12b)
This bugcheck indicates that a single bit error was found in this page.  This is a hardware memory error.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc00002c4, virtual address mapping the corrupted page
Arg2: 00000000000003c2, physical page number
Arg3: 0000007d8b8cd660, zero
Arg4: ffffd0002757d000, zero
Hi Mike,
Sorry to hear you've gone back to 8.1. To be honest with you I would still run Memtest86 for 12hrs or so as the dump files were all memory related. This is more for peace of mind i guess but i really think you should at least check:
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
If you haven't used Memtest86 before basically you can download files to either burn to disk or USB. You then change your boot order to boot from this media containing memtest86 and the testing will automatically run. Leave it running overnight if you can unless it becomes obvious there's an issue straight away.

Okay I ran memtest with all 3 of my dimms inserted and unfortunately one of them is faulty because there were about 24000 errors within 3 minutes.
Results so far:
Dimm 1 has zero errors after one pass
Dimm 2 has zero errors after one pass
I'm kinda assuming since the errors appeared instantly during the initial test that the errors should appear in the first pass if the Dimm is faulty.
Okay yeah Dimm 3 has 164000 errors! Weird that the problems only surfaced on Windows 10 and disappeared when I rolled back to 8.1. Anyways thanks for the help! Going to RMA it and get a replacement :)

Last edited:
Wow within 3 minutes huh? I hope the RMA goes smoothly for you Mike and if you should get any further issues we can help you with please post back.

Back
Top Bottom