Windows 10 Windows 10 crash during reset. Help!

Skinznhydez

Hi,

My wife's laptop was sluggish and full, so I decided to do a reset (save personal files). During the reset... about 2 hours in. It decided to freeze... non responsive. No further progression in the reset. I waited another hour to try anything, just in case. After 3 hours of it being stuck I decided to power off/on.

Unfortunately, it's not working at all. When it boots up it brings me to a blue screen with a few options on it. Reset, recover, repair, etc. I have selected all the options with no avail. It's unable to do anything.

Another unfortunate thing is I didn't make a restore point... I thought I had a while back but I guess not? I also do not have any discs or USB drives for it. I bought the computer brandnew from Staples around 3 years ago. It originally had windows 7 i believe.

It's an HP laptop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I would like to save some files if that is at all possible at this point.

Thanks!

You'll want to do a backup of data before if you have not. If you haven't you can download a Linux distro such as Ubuntu, boot the live version and copy your data to an extra drive.

I'm able to backup my data even though I can't get into windows? Can I run the Linux distro off a USB or DVD? I haven't backed up any data as I thought the reset (not a full reset) would save my personal files. I looked up the directory in dos but it doesn't recognize c:\ drive. It has x:\ drive. I can't see any of my original files
I appreciate your help!

Back
Top Bottom