Windows 10 Windows 10 Crash When Game is Started

ctjet99

Hello! This is my first post here so sorry if I don't provide all the information and things required.

Let me tell you about the problem. My laptop was overheating so I took it apart and cleaned out the fan and replaced the thermal compound. I am pretty sure I got all wires clipped back into place. My computer is functioning normally until I open up Rocket League and start playing.

When I open Rocket League the game will run for about two to three minutes. The screen then gets a lot of jumpy visual artifacts and blue screens, (sometimes after a pause of 10 to 20 seconds after artifacts appear.)

I have included the minidump file of my most recent crash. I believe it was a Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer error.

Any help is greatly appreciated because I will only be able to afford my new computer in 3 months.

Attachments

• 011316-33078-01.dmp
    219.6 KB · Views: 419
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 4E, {99, 194bc4, 3, 8000000000286d7}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+125f4 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
the above bugcheck means drivers passed bad memory descriptors although after reading your thread I'd have thought it would have been a bugcheck 124 (hardware error). The symptoms you describe regarding the artifacts sounds like something is still overheating and I'd check once again that all vents are free from dust and that the cooling is working correctly inside the laptop.
File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Your system drivers are a little old and luckily there are updates awaiting! I checked your laptops support page and you do indeed have Windows 10 drivers available.

HECIx64.sys Mon Dec 17 19:32:21 2012: Intel engine management driver

iaStorA.sys Sat Apr 06 00:45:31 2013: Intel rapid storage driver.

WirelessButtonDriver64.sys Thu Aug 30 04:11:29 2012: HP wireless driver related to keyboard FN key

Use the support page here to update your drivers:
HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

Try running this stress test 'Furmark':
FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net

Use this app to monitor the temperatures:
HWINFO64
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download

If it looks like the laptops is going to get really hot then stop the test. Please monitor the temperatures though. The above app is pretty good as it keeps a little record of that session in the form of highest temp, lowest temp and so on.

Post any new dump files

oh and thread moved to correct section.

It looks like it isn't an overheating issue, but something with the display drivers. Whenever I run a game of any sort, not just rocket league, it crashes. In minecraft just the display driver crashes, just cause 2 the game freezes and then crashes. Rocket league blue screens my computer.

Anywhere I can check for drivers? if not then I may just have to pressure my parents into giving me a small loan to help me pay off my new computer, and just use my laptop for work stuff.

Attachments

• $RC880XR.dmp
    236.1 KB · Views: 419
Anywhere I can check for drivers?
I posted the link to your system support page above.

Try removing your gpu driver using this app:
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V15.7.3.0 Released. - Wagnardmobile Forum
This will remove any old bits of driver left around from previous installs.

Try using the vga driver offered on your system support page even if it looks old. Laptop drivers are always supplied by the manufacturer apart from some gpu drivers so do try the support versions first.
Here's the link again for your model or at least what i think your model is:
HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

Did you run the furmark test?

Have you checked your temperatures at all?

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 133, {0, 501, 500, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+b41b )

Followup: MachineOwner
This issue occurs when one or more drivers' DPC routines exceed the DPC Watchdog's time-out period. So do try changing those drivers (unfortunately non were mentioned in the dump).

Try checking the Vram with this scan:
HOME PAGE OF MISHA CHERKES

Try using the vga driver offered on your system support page even if it looks old. Laptop drivers are always supplied by the manufacturer apart from some gpu drivers so do try the support versions first.
Here's the link again for your model or at least what i think your model is:

Did you run the furmark test?

Have you checked your temperatures at all?

Alright so I uninstalled the graphics driver but I cant find the VGA driver you linked to. I tried running rocket league and it didn't crash immediately but I want to wait until I get the driver again because It was running at 2 or so FPS and was very laggy.

I tried furmark and it ran fine (albeit slowly because of integrated graphics) for over 10 minutes and never reached more than 65-70 degrees. The only time temperature skyrocketed is when I did the CPU burn test. That shot the heat up so I shut it off really fast. It looks like it is not an overheating problem.

The only time temperature skyrocketed is when I did the CPU burn test. That shot the heat up so I shut it off really fast. It looks like it is not an overheating problem.
If you had to shut the cpu burn in program off then I would suggest it is a heat issue. The graphics are part of the chip too so if the cpu overheats so will the graphics which is probably why your seeing artifacts.
Alright so I uninstalled the graphics driver but I cant find the VGA driver you linked to.
Here's the link again:
drivers.JPG

Just a thought, what are your general temperatures like when running:
At idle
Full load

Fixed it, It wasn't software or firmware at all. None of the solutions worked so I opened up my laptop again and reseated the ram and connections. It got stuck in a perpetual loop of on off cycles, so I did that again, and now it works for some reason. The connections on my computer must be finicky. Thank you so much for all of your help. People like you make America great again (the memes.)

I am able to play games again so everything works. Thanks!

I did wonder if it was something that wasn't 'seating' correctly but anyhoo you fixed it! Good job!

Thanks for updating your thread and hope all goes well.

Back
Top Bottom