Windows 10 Windows 10 Insider Preview

Hey. That is fascinating. Almost convinces me to go back to Windows 8.1

The final verdict

Pretty much summed up my thoughts and criticism, since the first build. Equivalent, but not superior enough to excite. (Windows 8.2 in disguise)

Well at least you know that your not losing anything... But then again neither are you gaining anything... Yet. Hopefully once drivers mature we'll see an improvement.

The improvements seen in the latest build of Windows, build 10525, will eventually make their way to normal users (by October).
Winbeta have a article detailing how the new improvements work:
Microsoft educates Insiders on how Windows 10 handles memory

Let me emphasise, I am a happy Windows 10 user, but can see some areas for improvement. I wasn't unhappy with Windows 8.1 either. No glitches or freeze ups..etc..

But I cannot help having a chuckle at this contradiction in the article:
"helping previously computer illiterate users become more aware of its importance"

"With the Windows 10 Insider program back up and running, the Windows team is giving Insiders some insight into how Windows 10 is using new memory compressions to tighten up memory management. In a rather extensive posting found in the Insider Hub"

I wonder how many "computer illiterate users", are even aware of the insider program/insider hub, in order to let them be re-educated!

Build 10532 is available now for Insiders in the fast ring, so make sure you check for updates via Windows Update now!
Video on the new build:

Seems there is an issue with 64bit Chrome and the latest build of Win 10:
The latest beta apparently includes a fix:
Google releases fix for 64-bit Chrome bug in Windows 10 build 10525

Hi there i am having an issue with my Xbox One Game DVR's being available for download on my windows 10 laptop. They were working fine until a couple of days ago and now none of them will download and are stuck at 0%, also any new recordings are not showing up laptop side but i do have access to them on my console. My partners Game DVR's will download perfectly on the same laptop. We do have different xbox one's though.

The October Update for win 10 has slipped to November:
Windows 10 “Threshold 2” update now slated for November release

I hope they are really fixing bugs instead of just shoveling in more dubious features.
Joe

When I look at the bugs being posted around the web, I am ready to believe that they are only really focussing on Cortana and Edge. I don't use either, but I can see many are having problems in that area.
Other bugs are mainly due to misunderstanding the new OS, and, in particular, its convoluted method of installing. Smaller bugs are being dealt with ""on the run", with normal updates.

Windows 10 DVD Player playback issues are under scrutiny:
Ref: An update on the Windows DVD Player app

I always use VLC...

New cumulative update for Windows 10:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/894199

Microsoft respond to the recent controversy concerning privacy and Windows 10 snooping:

Ref:
Privacy and Windows 10

Microsoft have changed the install slightly for windows 10. The 'Express settings' screen has now been changed to one which say's 'Get going fast'!
It's pretty similar to the previous incarnation as you can see below:
Ref:
Setting your preferences for Windows 10 services - Microsoft Windows