Windows 10 Windows 10 Insider Preview

I am running the latest build and don't see anything "magic" about it. I still don't plan to upgrade my Win 7 or Win 8.1 machines as Win 10 just doesn't offer anything better. Only reasons I see to upgrade are 1) You really, really want Cortana. (I don't) 2) You really, really want the Edge browser. (I don't) 3) You are one that hates Win 8.1. (I don't)

Sent from my HP 7 VoiceTab using Tapatalk

A bit late with the news but a new build is in the offing. Named 'Redstone' it's available via the Fast ring:
Microsoft has just released a new build of Windows 10 for Windows Insiders to begin testing over the new year. Today’s build release is 11082, and is part of the Redstone development branch RS1 meaning this is the first (of many, hopefully) builds from Redstone that Insiders will be able to test.

11082 was compiled recently, meaning Microsoft is not far ahead of build 11082 internally. We were starting to think we wouldn’t have any new preview bits to play with before 2016, but luckily that isn’t the case. The new build is rolling out to Insiders in the fast ring now, so if you can’t see it yet give it time as the update is still propagating.

Windows 10 Redstone is Microsoft’s first major update for Windows 10 that will bring a whole bunch of new features and enhancements to the operating system. Right now, Microsoft is aiming to launch Redstone officially in July, with a second Redstone update coming in the fall of 2016, much like Threshold 2.
Reference

After leaving the Insider program I finally gave in and went back to it. Just on my laptop. I have updated to 11082 and done a clean install. Seems to be a very stable version for me.

After leaving the Insider program I finally gave in and went back to it. Just on my laptop. I have updated to 11082 and done a clean install. Seems to be a very stable version for me.

What do you think of this build? Is there a significant improvement over the November Update 10586 build?

I haven't played with it much yet but noticed considerable less errors in the event viewer showing. Will know more in the next few days as I plan on using it more.

Capture.PNG

New build released to the fast ring:
Microsoft is certainly holding to its promise of releasing Windows 10 Insider builds to the fast ring at a more expeditious clip. Today, the company released build 14251, and as expected it’s mostly bug fixes and under-the-hood improvements that continue to prepare Windows 10 for the upcoming Redstone release.
Here’s what’s fixed in build 14251:
– We fixed the issue where some PC games would crash switching from windowed mode to full screen, upon game resolution change, or upon launch due to a bug in Windows graphics stack. So play your games! If you run into any issues – please let us know by reporting in the Feedback app and include the game title.
– We fixed the issue where applications such as Narrator, Magnifier, and third-party assistive technologies may experience intermittent issues or crashes.
– We fixed an issue where File Explorer would crash frequently when DPI settings were at 175%.
Microsoft wants to be sure that we keep in mind just how buggy these faster builds can be:
I also want to reiterate once again that with the change to release builds faster to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring, bugs like the ones we had in the last build (or the File Explorer copy UX from the prior build) are going to pop up. Sometimes it might be several builds before we get these bugs fixed. And there might be times where a build we release contains bugs we haven’t found in internal testing as well.
Reference

Winbeta has some news regarding Redstone and insider builds:
Internal Windows 10 Redstone builds are finally starting to see a number of new user-interface improvements and changes across the operating system for both desktop and phone, after months of working on nothing but under-the-hood stuff. Insiders will be glad to hear that upcoming Insider builds have improved animations when resizing live tiles as well as improvements to the lock screen and login UI.

Microsoft recently began flighting its first UI changes in internal builds this past week, with live tiles that now fade in and out when resizing as well as improvements to how the lock screen and login UI transition between each other. It is expected that these changes will be available in the next Insider drop, which could drop this week or next week.
Latest Windows 10 Redstone builds finally start seeing UI improvements

Lol. From forum comments, I though users didn't particularly like live tiles!

Interesting, though, that MS are moving along Tks for the link

New build released today for those on the insider scheme:
Microsoft released Windows 10 Insider Redstone Preview (whew!) build 14295 just a few minutes ago, making Friday once again a favorite day for new Windows 10 bits. This build is a small one, given that the company’s Build 2016 event is running next week, and so don’t expect any huge changes.
Here’s what’s fixed for PC

• We fixed the issue that was causing PCs to freeze when plugging in an Xbox One or Xbox 360 controller and other gamepads.
  • We fixed an issue where Microsoft Edge would refresh the tab if you pressed caps lock in a password field.
  • We fixed an issue preventing the Xbox app and other Xbox Live enabled apps and games from signing in.
  • We have fixed the driver bug that prevents Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Internet Security, or the Kaspersky Total Security Suite installed from working as expected in builds from the Development Branch.
Reference:
Here's what's fixed in Windows 10 Insider Redstone Preview build 14295

Back