Windows 10 windows 10 keeps hanging

Hi Shane,
As you're new here, I'll give you a suggestion. Adding on a question to an existing post, is referred to as "Post Hijacking" and is generally frowned upon in most Tech Forums (read our Rules again, please!). I suggest you go back to the Windows Forum home page and select a category your problem falls in such as WINDOWS10 HELP AND SUPPORT, or WINDOWS10 UPGRADE AND INSTALLATION. Did your computer come with W10 pre-loaded from the factory for example? Or did you upgrade from an earlier windows version such as W7/W8X?

Also, it's customary to post your hardware specs, at the very least the MAKE/MODEL of your computer. Is it a Desktop PC or a laptop? Self-build or Custom-built? If so, complete hardware specs are a must.

You're question is quite vague; like calling up your Auto Mechanic and telling him your car won't start; can he help you to fix over the phone without giving him any other information?? You get the picture.

@kemical: Would you mind moving this post from Shane into a new thread in the appropriate category? Thanks.

Thanks--
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Hi

Not sure I get Bears comment about hijacking, maybe he's seeing something different then I am, I don't see more then one question here.

But anyway, we do need to have more information then you are posting.

What kind of computer?

Did it come with Windows 10 or is it an upgrade?

Is there any message or blue screen when it hangs?

Are you running Google Chrome?
I ask this because running Chrome makes my computer hang and I have no idea why?

Do you have a lot of data that you don't want to lose on your PC?
It makes a difference as to approaches for fixing your computer.

Mike

Back