Windows 10 Windows 10 knocked out my internet connection

ChrisKet

So I've got an old laptop with Windows 7 that I only use for Windows media player but that's now been made defunct buy Microsoft so I've upgraded to Windows 10 but it's totally knocked out my internet connection I've even tried plugging my laptop into the router by a network cable and it still won't connect to the internet I've also tried downloading new drivers from my other computer and installing those still won't connect to the internet, I do understand that this is a known issue with Windows 10 but I'm wondering has anyone got any possible solutions I could try please

You might try unplugging your router for 2 minutes. Plug it back in and see if that works. I haven't had no problems lately but did have that problem with earlier versions of 10. That might work.

Everything else is working fine on the router including the same laptop until I installed Windows 10 so it's not that there's actually no internet interface installed at all

I would still reset your router. I have two computers. My laptop was just fine. My desktop was the one that couldn't connect. What I did worked for me. Give it a shot. Can't hurt nothing.

Last edited:
Back