Windows 10 Windows 10 October 2018 Update

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update is finally here!

Download the iso/usb install using the Media Creation Tool here:
Download Windows 10
How to get the Windows 10 October 2018 Update

Last edited:
Installed on Three computers (two Dells and one very old Acer) without problems.
I don't see it mentioned, but, for those who are going for clean install, you can also download the ISO with the media creation tool.

I don't see it mentioned, but, for those who are going for clean install, you can also download the ISO with the media creation tool.
Used it yesterday although I thought the article posted mentioned it or should i say i assumed it did.

? Curious! No interest whatsoever!!
Apathy rules lol..

There has been an addition to release notes of the recent October release:

Known incompatibilities upgrading to Windows 10, version 1809
Symptom
Intel Audio displays an intcdaud.sys notification. Microsoft and Intel have identified a compatibility issue with a range of Intel Display Audio device drivers that may result in excessive processor demand and reduced battery life. As a result, the update process to Windows 10, version 1809 fails (KB4465877).
Customers who see this notification when setting up their Windows 10 October 2018 Update have an Intel Audio Display device driver (intcdaud.sys, versions 10.25.0.3 – 10.25.0.8) installed on their systems.

Workaround

On the “What needs your attention notification”, select the backbutton to remain on your current version of Windows 10. To ensure a seamless experience, we are blocking devices from being offered Windows 10, version 1809 until updated Intel device drivers are installed on your current operating system. See knowledge base article 4465877 for further information.
We recommend that you do not attempt to manually update to Windows 10, version 1809 using the Update Now button or the Media Creation Tool from the Microsoft Software Download Center. Wait until newer Intel device drivers are available with the update. This page will be updated when the block has been removed.
You can opt to wait for newer drivers to be installed automatically through Windows Update or check with the computer manufacturer for the latest device driver software availability and installation procedures. For more information, see Intel's customer support guidance.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4464619/windows-10-update-history

The update went well for me. There was a concern. Microsoft Photos kept running in the background. I had to go into Settings - Privacy - Background apps and shut it off to get it to stop.

Update: I went back in there and shut off several more apps. It calmed down the background activity a lot. Not that it was causing my computer to run weird or anything. I'm just a minimalist.

Last edited:
Well, I am actually having a issue when the system goes into sleep mode. This is on my main system, of course with INTERNAL POWER ERROR on wake from sleep. However, I believe the issue is related to NVIDIA drivers needing update - not sure. Event logs show no relevant data to support anything important. hah. Will follow-up if it reoccurs to instill fear about this update and make outrageous claims re: file deletion. Best!

Microsoft have noted a number of issues with the latest October update.
See page for full details (link below):
Current status of Windows, version 1809, Windows Server 2019, and Windows Server, version 1809
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4464619/windows-10-update-history

Microsoft has released a new version of Windows 10, called the October 2018 Update. This update includes new features and improvements, including the ability to send web pages from your phone to your PC, a new "Your Phone" app, and more.

The Windows 10 October 2018 Update is a free update that includes new features and improvements.

The Windows 10 October 2018 Update is the latest major release of the Microsoft Windows 10 operating system. This update includes new features and improvements such here astro prima live streaming free as the new Your Phone app which allows you to manage your phone's content on your PC, the ability to view your phone's screen on your PC, and more.

IMHO confused:) That is a pretty old version. Mine was updated automatically several times since then. the latest in April this year. Possibly anyone running a computer with old software of that vintage, may have several other problems