Windows 10 Windows 10 Random Signouts? (Task Scheduler)

slavakana

Hi everyone long time windows user here. I’ve recently got into the obsession of automating everything on my computer to do things for me delete temporary files, clean the recycle bin etc. And I think my obsession with this has backed me into an abnormal corner. Basically what happened is I followed a guide online to make windows automatically shut itself off after 2 hours via the Task Scheduler which was awesome until I realized it works better on paper than in reality for my needs and situation so I decided what anyone would do I would delete the task scheduler setup I had made to automate shutting my computer off every 2 hours. Well this worked, But only “kind of” you see throughout the day my computer never shuts itself off EVER but when it starts getting late more towards night time every few hours my computer decides to sign itself out and shutdown basically before I even have the time to react by typing in a command to stop it. This can get VERY frustrating considering sometimes I’m gaming or I lose documents I’m working on so I’m always obsessively saving. I have considered system restoring as I have that setup but the problem is Windows 10 system restoring keeps your computers settings and files which would do me absolutely no good it would change nothing in the computer at all for me unless I started all over from the start of a fresh windows install. Thankfully I did backup and write down what I did to automate shutting my computer down I’m hoping someone here can help me get out of the endless cycle of a nightmare. All replies are GREATLY appreciated, Thank you so much. 😱

What i did to cause this nightmare (Task Scheduler):
Run as admin always
Program:
Shutdown
Add arguments: /s /t 300
Start the task only if computer is: idle for 1 hour
Wait for idle for: 1 hour

Just to confirm, you can’t find this program in the graphical interface?

If you’re struggling, you can enable task history and after a shut-down order the task history by the last hour. This may help you find the task you’re looking for if you can’t see it.

Just to confirm, you can’t find this program in the graphical interface?

If you’re struggling, you can enable task history and after a shut-down order the task history by the last hour. This may help you find the task you’re looking for if you can’t see it.
Yes it's been completely removed from the Graphical UI of the Task Scheduler in my Windows 10 setup. Which is why I'm concerned it's still running at all considering I've removed it entirely.

It use to be titled "Windows Auto Shutdown" back when it was in this list but i have absolutely removed it as shown below it's not in the list of my other things that run within the Task Scheduler:

Attachments

• Capasdasdsadture.PNG
    Capasdasdsadture.PNG
    109.9 KB · Views: 96
Back
Top Bottom