Windows 10 Windows 10 Startup Loop

specteresawy

when starting up windows it goes into batch operation then prints out error code 400d, ERR_READ_DISK_UUID and I'm stuck in this loop, tried bootrec /fixmbr, fixboot, rebuildbcd tried recovery essentials pro win 10 and hirens boot cd and windows 10 repair all failed I have access now only to command prompt and registery editor in windows repair, Is there any way to cancel or stop this batch process !!?
32349756_10157533216424768_900080825750519808_n.jpg

Can't say I've ever heard of this type of error and I've worked on Windows systems since the Win 2000
I was trying to make a new partition using a software called macrorit I applied changes and rebooted then I got this .. I don't know if it has something to do with this but I cant access the O/S the thing is I have too many applications and stuff in drive C and can't afford to lose this windows installation so I think it may be something inside O/S that does this stuff I was hoping that anybody can tell me how to stop it or maybe remove something from registry or edit in system files that can do good ... anyway thanks for your concern and response

Altering the partition has altered the partitions unique identifier. If you have an install dvd or usb you could do a in place upgrade. Though as the windows doesn't know the UUID that could even be problematic.

Altering the partition has altered the partitions unique identifier. If you have an install dvd or usb you could do a in place upgrade. Though as the windows doesn't know the UUID that could even be problematic.
Thanks for your reply... you mean I have just to hook windows 10 usb and do upgrade if it's optional ?

Yes doing an upgrade if it's an option should save windows with the data intact
Thank you very much for your time, I'm so unlucky windows setup had compatibilty report that means I have to run install from the OS it self .. don't bother your self anymore thanks again

On saying that I can find nothing. You could use a Linux live DVD and external drive to grab any important data off the machine and do a reinstall and at least be back into windows. Maybe a registry search for any software keys beforehand would also be wise.

I just had this exact problem from another partition managing software. I did eventually find a solution after much hair pulling and digging through the registry while booted from alternate media. So, I'm leaving this for the next unlucky soul...

The software had modified HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Session Manager\BootExecute in the registry to run a program they had installed in system32.

Since I only had read only access to the registry, I renamed the offending program in system32, and then the system was able to boot. Then I was able to fix the key, which should be just "autocheck autochk *" in my case.

I just had this exact problem from another partition managing software. I did eventually find a solution after much hair pulling and digging through the registry while booted from alternate media. So, I'm leaving this for the next unlucky soul...

The software had modified HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Session Manager\BootExecute in the registry to run a program they had installed in system32.

Since I only had read only access to the registry, I renamed the offending program in system32, and then the system was able to boot. Then I was able to fix the key, which should be just "autocheck autochk *" in my case.
Hi! I’m in this loop now, haha, on Windows 10, and wondering how to get back in…there is no way for me to use system restore or command prompt, because my Microsoft password will not work now. I’d appreciate any help or info, before I throw this computer out the window…

Thank you very much for your time, I'm so unlucky windows setup had compatibilty report that means I have to run install from the OS it self .. don't bother your self anymore thanks again
It's not a "compatibility report" of any type, that's just what Microsoft decided to call it. The bootable installer doesn't support the upgrade option on any hardware. Upgrading is done within Windows, which can't be done if Windows can't start. A clean install can be done from the bootable installer, but it may not save files (if the C partition is selected without modifying or deleting anything else, it is supposed to, but don't count on it with anything like an incorrect GUID).

Hi! I’m in this loop now, haha, on Windows 10, and wondering how to get back in…there is no way for me to use system restore or command prompt, because my Microsoft password will not work now. I’d appreciate any help or info, before I throw this computer out the window…
You can boot separately to bypass the password restriction, and use the Recovery Environment provided in a bootable Windows installer. Use a different computer to download and run Rufus. Click the dropdown besides the Select button, and choose Download. Then, click the Download button, and choose Windows 10 21H2.

Once it finishes downloading, choose a USB pen drive or SD card to apply the Windows installer to. This will erase and overwrite the chosen removable storage. Leave Rufus in GPT mode for UEFI (non CSM).

After that finishes, safely remove the pen drive or memory card, and insert into the problematic computer. Enter the Recovery Environment as you did already, and instead of choosing Command Prompt, choose Troubleshoot > Use a Device > EFI USB Device. Once the bootable Windows installer loads, click Next, then click Repair Your Computer.

To backup your files from the bootable Windows installer, insert an external HDD and input C:\Windows\System32\notepad.exe in Command Prompt to open Notepad from the internal Windows HDD. Note that the letter of the internal Windows from this environment is often D or something else, C is just an example. Once Notepad opens, choose File > Open and use the File Picker to copy files onto the external HDD. There will be no progress bar, only the hourglass cursor.

Thanks... I don’t have an external hdd, but hopefully they will be in the “old windows” folder after the install. If not, oh well, the Buddhists can live on nothing, so…but yeah, I appreciate the reply, and to anyone out there about to use a 3rd party partitioning app, I wouldn’t recommend it!

It's not a "compatibility report" of any type, that's just what Microsoft decided to call it. The bootable installer doesn't support the upgrade option on any hardware. Upgrading is done within Windows, which can't be done if Windows can't start. A clean install can be done from the bootable installer, but it may not save files (if the C partition is selected without modifying or deleting anything else, it is supposed to, but don't count on it with anything like an incorrect GUID).
Thanks dude…I appreciate the reply. I’m placing all my bets on the “old windows” folder. Have a great weekend!

Thanks dude…I appreciate the reply. I’m placing all my bets on the “old windows” folder. Have a great weekend!
You're welcome, and have a great weekend as well! Can you use the Repair Your Computer > Troubleshoot > Command Prompt and input C:\Windows\System32\regedit.exe to check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Session Manager\ for the data in the BootExecute value? If there is anything else than autocheck autochk *, please specify.

Back