Windows 7 goes into Restarting Loop after installing Windows 10

Eugene

Hi, everyone.

Trying to fix this issue already 2nd day and I realize that I need more help.

My windows 7 was installed on Samsung SSD. I recently got Crucial SSD and decided to install Windows 10 as second OS.

Before installation I decided to change my Windows 7 disk from MBR to GPT using MiniPartition Wizard Tool. After that Windows 7 successfully loaded so I went ahead with installing Windows 10.

I installed Win 10 to Crucial SSD. Successfully logged in to Windows 10 and did all the updates.

After that I restarted and chose Windows 7. And it went to a black screen after which it started to restart.

What I did so far.

Unplugged all other HDD and SSD. When I am trying to load it gives me an error 0xc000000e.

It tells me to add the SSD with Win 10.

I tried to load from Windows 7 installation disk, but it gives me error:
"This version of System Recovery Options is not compatible with the version of windows you are trying to repair. Try using a recovery disc that is compatible with this version of windows."

The disk has Win7 x64 which is installed on my Samsung SSD.

I started command prompt from Win 10 repair:

I did diskpart -> assign letter--> cd/ d command, however when I got to bootrec /fixboot - it gave me access denied

Even though I changed to GPT, I tried to do fixmbr command. It said it was successful. I did rebuild bcd, but it told me I have 0 installations.

Any way I can fix it from inside Windows 10?

I also have another old SSD that has the same copy of Windows 7. That SSD was getting bad and I cloned the OS. Can it somehow help me to fix booting Windows 7 on Samsung SSD?

livix07

Please take a screenshot of each of the disks as shown in Disk Management as in the image below and post it here:

nmsuk

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
They may have an issue doing that if they're boot looping.

Eugene

Thank you guys.

After few more hours of fighting with it, I connected my OLD SSD with Win 7 and load from there. When it was loading the scan disk opened saying there are issues with one of my drives and it started to do a scanning. After it finished, Windows 7 loaded from OLD SSD. For some reason I decided to install Easy BCD (I think I saw a mention of it in some of the discussions). In Easy BCD I added a winload entry of my "Broken" windows 7. I restarted and it gave me an option to choose Windows 7 on the "broken" Samsung SSD. To my surprise, it loaded and worked.

After that I reconnected all other HDD and SSD with Windows 10. I change settings to Only UEFI. After that Windows 7 went to restarting loop again. I logged in Windows 10, downloaded Easy BCD there and added winload.efi Entry for Windows 7 there. I restarted and chose Windows 7 and it loaded.

It's fixed and I can login in win 7 and win 10.

If something like that happens, I believe I just need to login to Windows 10, open Easy BCD and add winload.efi entry there.

I hope it would help someone else.

Thank you for your readiness to help me fix it. Appreciate it.