Windows 10 Windows 10 stuck on 'welcome' after loging in

Louiss97

This issue started after I updated windows 10 through a windows pop up saying that i had an update after i started my computer.

I went into troubleshooting setting from the shift restart page to uninstall the latest qualoty of life update and this successfully let me log in to my account once, but deleted all other accounts but their files were still there.

After shutting down my computer and turning it back on again, i am again left with my original issue and my only way to log in at the moment is through using safe mode.

Thanks for any help.

As far as i know, there is no such a windows update that pops up and ask you to update. It looks to me as a virus or ransomware, especially if you say that every other account than yours was deleted. I would suggest to backup as soon as possible all users files, in safe mode if this is the only way you can access your computer, and then do a fresh windows install after formatting the hardisk. Try, if you want, to run an antivirus in safe mode, maybe an online one, if you can access the internet. Do not use the AV installed on your computer because it is probably useless if he didn't catch the virus in the first place.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

f you cannot get into Windows:

Start your PC, just as Windows attempts to load (spinning dots), press and hold Power Button for 5 - 10 seconds to perform a Hard Shut Down

Do this twice

On the third start Windows will boot into the Recovery Environment and from there you can access System Repair, Safe Mode, Command Prompt . . . etc.

Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Option - ommand Prompt

Copy the command below (depends on your system). then in the Command window, right click to paste, then hit Enter to run the command

For 32bit Systems:

dism.exe /image:c:\ /remove-package /packagename:package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~16299.248.1.17

For 64bit Systems:

dism.exe /image:c:\ /remove-package /packagename:package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~16299.248.1.17

Close Command and Restart your System

If you can get into Windows:

Open Command Prompt as Admin and copy the command below (depends on your system). then in the Command window, right click to paste, then hit Enter to run the command

For 32bit Systems:

dism.exe /image:c:\ /remove-package /packagename:package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~16299.248.1.17

For 64bit Systems:

dism.exe /image:c:\ /remove-package /packagename:package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~16299.248.1.17

I tried hard shut down but it keeps going to the spinning dots. I tried F12 to go Boot and it stays on spinning dots. I have a Nextbok Flexx 10.1 2 in 1 computer.

If nothing helps out one final point that can be done is resetting your Windows Installation. You can reset your Windows installation following the given steps:-
  1. Restart your PC few times until you start Automatic Repair.
  2. Choose Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove everything.
  3. For the next step you might be asked to insert Windows 10 installation media, so be sure to have it ready.
  4. Now select your version of Windows and click on Only the drive where Windows is installed > Just remove my files.
  5. You should now see a list of changes that reset will perform. If you’re ready to start, click on Reset button.
  6. Now follow the instructions on the screen to complete the reset.
Once the reset is complete, you’ll have a fresh installation of Windows and the problem should be permanently fixed.
I Hope This Helps You Out.
Regards,
Jake Paul.

Back