Windows 8 Windows 10 Update Stuck Please Help!

• Press [Windows key + r]
  • Type services.msc
  • Stop both Background Intelligent Transfer Service and Windows Updates
  • Navigate to C:\Windows and delete the folder SoftwareDistrubution
  • Restart Windows Updates
  • Double-check the GWX update is disabled
  • Check for updates

or in cmd
wusa /uninstall /KB:3035583
After uninstalling, if remnants of the update's files are still in Windows\System32\GWX, just delete that directory, although first you may need to take ownership of it done no more upgrade until you install kb3035583 again enjoy

You are all giving advice but the user can't do any of that as he is stuck in the upgrade loop.
If you cannot boot to safe mode and use any of these Windows 10 stoppers you will have to complete the upgrade process. Once done its easy to roll back to Windows 8.1. Takes about 15 minutes or less.
Rollback from Windows 10 to Windows 8.1 / 7

If you cannot boot to safe mode and use any of these Windows 10 stoppers you will have to complete the upgrade process. Once done its easy to roll back to Windows 8.1. Takes about 15 minutes or less.
Hi I'm just a observer here on this thread. But my understanding is the OP isn't able to complete the upgrade and is in a loop. The only reply that makes sense to me if that is the case, is Post #19 by @ussnorway ???:D

I supposed he is stuck because he won't agree to do the Upgrade....but if it is a total loop then offering him in place upgrade repair certainly won't do anything either.
Pretty sure what I did one time in this situation was shut down pc by power button and then restart from cold boot and I got back into Windows and used GWX to knock out the Windows 10 folder and nags.

Last edited:
Good thing someone is listening I was thinking about another thread, my bad!
2nd half of my post still valid to cause a shutdown and then cold boot up.

I know it worked for me twice...but again if failed then just recover when done if upgrade goes forward.

When I start windows update then I noticed windows update stuck and that is very annoying for me. Then I contact my friend and who help me to start the windows update again. 1st he said just restart the system and try again. But this way is not helping to get the solution. 2nd he said Turn off the windows firewall temporarily and the start windows update. This way clicked to start the update.

Back
Top Bottom