Windows 10 Windows 10 Upgrade From Windows 7

exe25

Hi, this is my first post here. I was just wondering if anyone could help me figure this out. I want to update my laptop to Windows 10 but this showed up. Is there any way I can continue the upgrade without any problems?

20181122_000243.jpg

What happens if you click confirm?

On the windows 10 update? I clicked it before trying to download the update for the graphics driver, it just goes onto the next step for me to finish the upgrade. Although I didn't continue because I was afraid of what could possibly happen to the display, if it really won't work at all or if it'll keep showing me a blue or black screen.

If it does do anything untoward you can always roll back, though I'd backup the system first.

If it does do anything untoward you can always roll back, though I'd backup the system first.
Roll back? What does that mean, genuinely curious.

Also I did backup before attempting to upgrade.

Roll back? What does that mean, genuinely curious.

Also I did backup before attempting to upgrade.
Roll back means that the new operating system will be uninstalled and your actual OS will be restored. You can do this at anytime during the first 30 days after installing Win10.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Roll back means that the new operating system will be uninstalled and your actual OS will be restored. You can do this at anytime during the first 30 days after installing Win10.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Huh, I didn't know that. Ok then, I'll try again later. If there's any other problem, I'll update here.

I have had the experience on an old acer. It will install, and use a generic driver, which works for average use. You can then , as said, try and install nmsuk's driver . For me, It would not accept, but the computer is able to do, without any problems, the light work I want from it.

I have had the experience on an old acer. It will install, and use a generic driver, which works for average use. You can then , as said, try and install nmsuk's driver . For me, It would not accept, but the computer is able to do, without any problems, the light work I want from it.
Ok, will try! Thanks!

The expectations of getting Intel 4000 graphics series working (at least well) under Windows 10 is low. Most likely you will not find a driver that works, or will have to force one to install using Comparability mode and perhaps it will work for basic tasks. I hate to tell you this but if a laptop has 4000 series graphics it's not really a great candidate to upgrade to Windows 10 in the first place.

The expectations of getting Intel 4000 graphics series working (at least well) under Windows 10 is low. Most likely you will not find a driver that works, or will have to force one to install using Comparability mode and perhaps it will work for basic tasks. I hate to tell you this but if a laptop has 4000 series graphics it's not really a great candidate to upgrade to Windows 10 in the first place.
I see... that's pretty unfortunate. Thanks

Last edited:
It worked perfect on 5/23/2018. Also don't forget to backup you hard drive in case it does not work for you! ;)

Back
Top Bottom