Windows 10 windows 10 using lots of ram

MRF71

Is there a way to keep win 10 from constantly searching for updates other than disabling it's service? I notice tiworker.exe is constantly draining my pc (i'm guessing here) I haven't noticed any other process's using lots of resources.

check to see if you have wudo enabled, mrf71 … wudo allows other parties to gather portions of the update directly from your computer … rather than those individuals obtaining updates directly from microsofts' servers. hence … almost all the resources from your computer are prioritized by, you guessed it, wudo! personally speaking, once wudo was disabled … i was able to access the computer as well as the internet … in normal manner.

so … briefly reiterating, mrf71 … microsoft has found a way of, not only forcing updates upon us (robbing us of resources/bandwidth) … but also manipulating us to update others' operating systems (again, robbing us of resources/bandwidth). while this behavior may not be criminal … the microsoft empire certainly is not being accountable/responsible either.

feel free to read another post here on windowsforum.com for additional details:
windowsforum.com/posts/669071/​

Last edited:
Back