Rick2524

I had problems with my computer and ended uo needing a clean reset. My tech loaded windows 10 Pro which wo7n0't work then he loaded windows 10 home. The isn't correct either. Is there a difference between Windows 10 and Home version? My computer is a Dell Insprion 5570 laptop

Solution
If you bought the computer from a store it probably has Windows 10 Home (System Builder Edition) and the tech loaded a retail version. You'll need restore media from the manufacturer to get the correct version installed on your system.
It should have a label on the back/bottom, with info as to the registration number and the OS installed, Pro/Home etc. It may say an earlier version, such as Windows 7 (Most likely!), but will give you the correct model (Pro etc.

I am sitting at the same Laptop at this moment. It originally came as Windows 7 Home (OEM), but I have followed through the upgrade process and it went up to Windows 8 Home. I then got a legal licence for Pro, which is what I am using now.

Last edited:
If you bought the computer from a store it probably has Windows 10 Home (System Builder Edition) and the tech loaded a retail version. You'll need restore media from the manufacturer to get the correct version installed on your system.

Solution
Just reading the original post again:
"My tech loaded windows 10 Pro which wouldn't work then he loaded windows 10 home."

What exactly "wouldn't work"

Back