Windows 7 Windows 7 64 Bit Epson Perfection 1660 Scanner Driver Needed

ian2000

Hi All

Anyone have a Windows 7, 64 bit driver for an Epson Perfection 1660 Scanner?

It's a little old but works perfectly. I don't use it that often and would prefer not to throw it away. :)

Thanks a lot

Ian

Couldn't find free one for 64 bit Win Vista or 7 either.....see VueScan Scanner Software . Works with all Win.....free download for testing...it worked for me on my 1660....choice for me was new scanner x64 capable or purchase software....I made the purchase..........good luck...

Found 64bit Driver

Thanks for the response Wild One.

I actually found someone who directed me to a Vista 64 Bit version which works really well on Windows 7 64 Bit.

Here is the link:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Regards

Ian

and its free

Great!! Wish I had know and saved $$$$$......just scanned a document and it does everything I need it to do.... oh wait, I think vendor said I could get full refund within 30 days if not satisfied, huh, well maybe I can get my $$$$ back.....I'll have to check it out....thanks again for the post & link...

WildOne

Good Luck

Hi Wild One

Good luck with the refund!

That's what these forums are all about.

Trying to help each other.

Bye for now.

Ian

Update

Hooray, I gonna get my $$$ back....got email today stating CC would be credited.....again thank you..:):)

WildOne

It looks like the same one I have and it works perfectly well. I originally found it in the Vista forums.

Thanks for the thread. I just installed the free 64-bit driver mentioned above (METAUPLOAD) ... Worked great with my new Win 7 machine and Epson Perfection 1660. Used it to scan some documents. Haven't gotten to photos yet, so no experience with these features yet.

Lee

Thanks a lot. I've been searching for a solution for my old Epson scanner 1660 and this one is the right one. I've test it with photos and it works great on my Core i5 and windows 7 64 bits. And it's even faster than Epson orginal Smart Panel.

Re: Found 64bit Driver

Thanks for the response Wild One.

I actually found someone who directed me to a Vista 64 Bit version which works really well on Windows 7 64 Bit.

Here is the link:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Regards

Ian

Can you provide another way of getting the driver since Megaupload has been shut down. martmar221 at gmail.com Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

This worked for me - found it on another Q&A
Re: (Unofficial) drivers for Epson Perfection 1660 scanner

What did work was installiong the x64 driver from Epson for their Epson Expression 1680 Professional scanner instead. I had to force the Device Manager driver install to use the .inf file for the 1680.

Here's how:

Download and run the Epson file.
It will extract to here:
C:\EPSON\epson12203_twain_driver_and_epson_scan_utility_304a

(I didn't have to do this )Then cancel the install process. Did following:
Open Device Manager.
Right click the scanner (will have yellow "!") MINE DIDN"T
click update driver, click click :Browse my comp", click "let me pick from list..." , click have disk, then browse to here:

(pick any inf, and it should go from there.) Did the .inf but not sure if it worked- I clicked on the set-up.exe file.
The scanner worked!! Had an Epson scan icon on desktop & that opened right up.( Like interface better, too) Also scanned into Word as a .doc ( smaller file) after I had it use the 1680 in my scanner of choice. I had been trying for about 2 months to solve this so I didn't have to buy a new scanner. What a relief. Now I just have to try it in Photo Elements. Hopeit works for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

This worked for me - found it on another Q&A
Re: (Unofficial) drivers for Epson Perfection 1660 scanner

What did work was installiong the x64 driver from Epson for their Epson Expression 1680 Professional scanner instead. I had to force the Device Manager driver install to use the .inf file for the 1680.

Here's how:

Download and run the Epson file.
It will extract to here:

(I didn't have to do this )Then cancel the install process. Did following:
Open Device Manager.
Right click the scanner (will have yellow "!") MINE DIDN"T
click update driver, click click :Browse my comp", click "let me pick from list..." , click have disk, then browse to here:

(pick any inf, and it should go from there.) Did the .inf but not sure if it worked- I clicked on the set-up.exe file.
The scanner worked!! Had an Epson scan icon on desktop & that opened right up.( Like interface better, too) Also scanned into Word as a .doc ( smaller file) after I had it use the 1680 in my scanner of choice. I had been trying for about 2 months to solve this so I didn't have to buy a new scanner. What a relief. Now I just have to try it in Photo Elements. Hopeit works for you.

This solution worked with one exception. Selecting the 1680 inf file did not work but selecting the 1600 inf file did. Epson should really update their 1660 driver page with this solution. Thanks.

Hi,

After upgrading to Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, my Epson Perfection 1660 Scanner lacks a driver.

I see references to the long dead Megaupload site, which are now useless.

Could anyone be kind enough to provide me with this driver to save me from throwing out a scanner which works perfectly well on XP.

With the appropriate 64 bit driver I am sure that I would get many more years out of it.

Thanks

Chris

Hi,

After upgrading to Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, my Epson Perfection 1660 Scanner lacks a driver.

I see references to the long dead Megaupload site, which are now useless.

Could anyone be kind enough to provide me with this driver to save me from throwing out a scanner which works perfectly well on XP.

With the appropriate 64 bit driver I am sure that I would get many more years out of it.

Thanks

Chris

I'm in the same boat. HELP please.
Thanks.

I did dome research for you guys...

There is no Win7 x64 driver offered or available for that unit.

Cheers,
Drew
Win8Logo (2013_02_06 10_30_24 UTC).jpg

Hi,
None of the solutions in this thread worked for me (mainly, using drivers from similar scanner models), however I did have another computer running Win 7 and on which I had been able to install the drivers (I don't remember how, maybe in the past the dead megaupload link saved me? ^^). I managed to extract the driver from that computer - the only problem is I can't post links at the moment due to forum policies... I can send the link via PM to those who still need the file

Back
Top Bottom