Windows 7 Windows 7 64 bit problems

Carlos Morgado

I was running windows 7 ultimate 32 bit on my intel dual core 3ghz computer with 6 gb ram, a msi p4n sli xe motherboard and a radeon hd 6950 graphics card, I ran the windows upgrade compatibility checker and it said I can use the 64 bit version without problem, I installed the OS with a custom install and as soon as it finished installing I noticed my CPU usage went through the damn roof, and there hasn't been a single solution to this problem that has been successful for me. I have tried booting in safe mode, takes just as long as regular boot and doesnt even boot fully half of the time. I have tried shutting down many many services and only running the bare minimum, in short windows 7 64 bit is my worst enemy and if anyone can solve my problem they would be a hero....

Seems that's a very old mobo....you may run into some problems. I only see a BIOS driver update and a sound driver update.

The code is different and the bit architecture is different. You could try to run it in compatibility mode...that might work.

Back
Top Bottom