Windows 7 windows 7 7048

skeldon

Hi all i have been running windos 7 7022 with not many probs but am now wanting to upgrade to the 7048 :)

There is no need wot so eva for me to do it except its new lol

Can i just upgrade so i dont have to reinstall everything again as it is getting annoying having to do this everytime i upgrade downgrade or have problems with something!

You can. But expect some problems. I myself will upgrade from 7000 when RC 1 comes out. Can't wait ^^

Hi all i have been running windos 7 7022 with not many probs but am now wanting to upgrade to the 7048 :)

There is no need wot so eva for me to do it except its new lol

Can i just upgrade so i dont have to reinstall everything again as it is getting annoying having to do this everytime i upgrade downgrade or have problems with something!

I agree that it is annoying reinstalling apps and all that.. but that's kinda your own fault.. these interim builds aren't ment to be released to the public.. so by downloading them and installing them your asking for the annoyance of reinstalling everything ('upgrading' is not recommended in this case, especially considering it's going from one BETA to another BETA.. ;) ).. I'm using build 7000 until the RC comes out.. mainly for that reason alone.. ;) among other reasons..

I dont know how you do it! i am always itching to try the next one out!!!

I dont bother dual booting tho as i never use both so its a waste of time!

I dont know how you do it! i am always itching to try the next one out!!!

I dont bother dual booting tho as i never use both so its a waste of time!

hahaha, trust me, I too am itching to try every build after 7022 (I did try 7022 briefly on a friends comp).. but I just force myself to wait I guess.... Can't wait for the RC though!!!! :) SOOON!! I'll be waiting up all night to get that one! :)

I love dual-booting or even triple-booting for that matter.. I use every OS I install equally so it's a great option in my opinion.. but to each his own..

Wot do you use all urs for?

I was gona dual boot with xp due to the 360 strem problems (before the fix) but while i was in the middle of trying to get it working i got the rrod :-( lol

Talk about bad luck... man that sucks... I got my 2nd Xbox 360 in December 08 (the 1st didn't rrod, I just sold it). The manufacturing date on it is September 2008 so I'm hoping it has the 'Jasper' Motherboard in it.. They are supposed to finally put the rrod to rest.... so here's hoping.. I could just take it apart and see but I don't really want to due to extreme laziness.. hahaha

As for how I use each OS I have installed:

I mainly use Windows XP for old school gaming... I know about compatibility mode and all that but some older games just don't work well unless their on XP.. period. ;)
I use Windows Vista mainly for trial and error with new apps... Since XP and Win 7 are both very stable OS's and very reliable I'd rather use Vista as the guinea pig for new apps to be tested on.. (new apps as in apps that I've never used before)..
And Windows 7 is quickly becoming my everyday/everyuse OS.. Once it's in final form it will definitely be my main OS of choice.. but like I've said before, I'll still use XP and Vista somewhat.. ;)

I also use Ubuntu alot, for multiple things.. If you've never used linux then I'd suggest downloading Ubuntu or a variation of it like Kubuntu or Xubuntu, you won't be disappointed...

Your right in saying that dual-boot CAN be a waste of time.. that is if someone was to install XP and Vista (for example) but then only used XP all the time and Vista just sat there.. then yes that would be a waste of time and resources (HDD space).. but if you have a valid use for each OS that you install then I don't think it's a waste of time at all... :)

Back