Windows 7 Windows 7 7057 Install Restarts

Flame

I started installing windows 7 build 7057, (Orbit30) from my bootdisk but for some reason the computer wouldn't boot from the disk so i decided to install it from my HDD into a 2nd partition.
It started installing fine, until i had to restart (currently i have windows 7 build 7000 and vista as two boots) now when ever i turn on the computer, the installer starts, boot logo appears, and the logo stays for about 10-20 mins, and then the installer finally comes up for a split second and then the whole computer restarts... what is there that i can do to fix this, i might be able to get another copy of the 7057 build bootdisk, or i could download 7048, but i'd rather try and fix what i have currently.

I only have access to the bios before the windows 7 installer starts by the way.

Can anyone help? Really need help, stuck on my old computer... :confused::frown:

Last edited:
I started installing windows 7 build 7057, (Orbit30) from my bootdisk but for some reason the computer wouldn't boot from the disk so i decided to install it from my HDD into a 2nd partition.
It started installing fine, until i had to restart (currently i have windows 7 build 7000 and vista as two boots) now when ever i turn on the computer, the installer starts, boot logo appears, and the logo stays for about 10-20 mins, and then the installer finally comes up for a split second and then the whole computer restarts... what is there that i can do to fix this, i might be able to get another copy of the 7057 build bootdisk, or i could download 7048, but i'd rather try and fix what i have currently.

I only have access to the bios before the windows 7 installer starts by the way.

Can anyone help? Really need help, stuck on my old computer... :confused::frown:

I believe Installing Windows 7 Beta (Which itself by definition is a trial version) from the hard disk of another smooth running System is for very advanced users and in my opinion it is a very tricky and problem prone process. This difficulty is compounded if you are using a DVD that has questionable file integrity as indicated by its failure to boot from the DVD drive in the first place!

Since you are unable to boot to any of your system because the booting process does not advance to Operating System Selection to boot , it's obvious that the boot files of the previously healthy system has been overwritten by this corrupt Windows Installation which itself won't boot.

My approach will be to boot using the previously healthy Operating system's GOOD Bootable OS DVD or CD ( in case the OS is WinXP), and try a repair.

If you try another DVD to install another Build without this repair, you may get Win 7 but not the other System unless you repair its boot files.

Once you've repaired the existing OS, try installing from a DVD /DVD-RW drive in the standard fashion.

Generally the HDD install is done in rare cases where your DVD device has failed during install and you have downloaded an ISO file and saved it in your System's HDD previously that you could try without having to get a new DVD drive , install that hardware, and then install the new OS which can take hours.

I hope others in the Forum with a lot more experience in HDD install will jump in to elaborate or correct any of my statements on Installation of Win 7 from a Hrad disk .
Good luck in your attempt to extricate yourself from this tight spot :)

I'd suggest using a different build.. there have been lots of reports of various errors with build 7057.. (both 32 bit and 64 bit versions).. ;) I'd go with either Build 7000 until the RC is released or one of the later builds.. There's not much of a wait left now though until the RC is released.. :)

Luckily i had a spare ubuntu bootdisk spare, and managed to boot from that. got rid of the windows 7 7057 installer and my old build 7000 stuff. All i need to do now is get rid of windows 7 from the boot manager list, found out that the dvd was missing some files.

Back