Windows 7 windows 7 - after Windows Update. can enter safe mode but not with networking - ndis.sys ntoskrnl.ex

flb

hi all

I have a Sony VAIO laptop that has entered a mode where it will only boot in SAFE mode. SAFE mode with Networking does not work - goes BSOD. We think a Windows Update caused the problem. Details are in the attached which was compiled using Captain Jack's utility (thanks CJ!).

Bluescreen view tool shows that ndis.sys and ntoskrnl.exe ran into problems but I can't figure out how to proceed from there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

... FLB

Attachments

• 20100815 flb blue screen issue after windows update.zip
    465.6 KB · Views: 504
Hey there.

This is the problem:

Code:
athrx    athrx.sys    Wed Jul 08 20:49:13 2009

Update the Atheros (not Marvell Yukon one, although that would be great to update too) wireless driver from Sony's site. Use another pc and burn the driver to disc or copy it to flash drive. Then install in safe mode if needed.

While at Sony's site, also download the latest Firmware Extension Parser driver to update this old guy:

Code:
SFEP     SFEP.sys     Fri Aug 03 01:35:53 2007
Once to normal desktop mode, install the latest HD Audio driver to update this:

Code:
RTKVHD64 RTKVHD64.sys Thu Jul 02 05:42:36 2009

Realtek

Excellent advice, TorrentG! I updated the Atheros driver and it now boots fine. I will proceed to update the other drivers now. A big THANKS for your help and the quick response!!

... flb

Back
Top Bottom