Windows 7 Windows 7 backup error

MARKWW2

Went to best buy to get windows 7 business I had vista ultimate I did not need bi locker and the extra programs. When I put the upgrade disk in my system it could not do a automatic update due to not having the Ultimate edition, so I did a over ride clean install. I amnaully loaded my programs bac. When I went to do a backup it was not installed on my system got a error said this program is not installed error number

0x80070424 It would be ice if Microsoft had a site built that would scan the system and add the programs automatically that are either jnot on the disk or were not installed Doing a microsoft update did nothing
Mark

Went to best buy to get windows 7 business I had vista ultimate I did not need bi locker and the extra programs. When I put the upgrade disk in my system it could not do a automatic update due to not having the Ultimate edition, so I did a over ride clean install. I amnaully loaded my programs bac. When I went to do a backup it was not installed on my system got a error said this program is not installed error number

0x80070424 It would be ice if Microsoft had a site built that would scan the system and add the programs automatically that are either jnot on the disk or were not installed Doing a Microsoft update did nothing
Mark

Hi Mark,
yes unfortunately you do have to upgrade with like for like but you did the best thing anyway by doing a clean install.
As to your update problem, you could either try this solution I found here:

Windows update error 0x80070424

Or, do another clean install.. When you installed the os did you boot from disk (change your boot order so that CD/DVD is first) or did you just put the disk in and click install?

I've also combined your posts... Please don't double post.
Thankyou

Last edited:
Tried reinstall did not work

I took out my upgrade cd of Windows 7 and put it in the system, it checks and downloads temp files to run. When it was done the program said unable to upgrade the disk stopped totally. I also went into my cd box and took out my ASUS DISKS original install and the disk to do the drivers. I put cd number 1 into the computer and it wont work seems Windows 7 has over ridden everything so can't do a delete of C or Reformat or FDISK. I was able to do updates on my Windows office by manually downloading the kb files but as to, the other error code. I am still working to solve this code. I did find Microsoft Tech support and wrote them and they said I would get something back in one business day.

As for reloading or doing another clean install I am unable too.

1. Unable to do repair since this option is not in my Windows 7 program so can't repair.
2. Can't back up the computer either since this is not in my system. So there is a problem with the Computer as to these things too which I am trying to research.

Mark

So I'm correct in saying you have a 'upgrade' copy of 7? If this is the case then you should be able to change your boot order so it will boot from disk and do a clean install. As long as you have a previous copy of windows either lying around or already on the HDD you should be fine.
What you seem to be doing is just running the 7 disk as normal (popping it in the drive and clicking run). I'm sure if you try the above method you'll be fine..
Take a look at this web page as it might prove helpful.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Hi,

You can also do the following to resolve this issue:

Create a selective backup to exclude the AppData folder, and attempt the backup again.
To create a selective backup, do the following:
1. Click the Start orb, and in the search box, type backup and press ENTER.
2. When the backup window opens, click on "Set up backup" as shown below.
3. Wait for the backup program to initialize, select the disk where you want to create the backup on, and click Next as shown below.

Select the backup location
4. On the next screen, where it asks you what you want to backup, select the "Let me choose" circle, then click Next.

Choose the "Let me choose" circle.
5. On the next screen, click the down arrows below the "Data Files" icon, and drill down to the (your username)>Additional Locations>AppData folder, and make sure to uncheck the box next to AppData folder as shown below, then click the Next button.

Uncheck the box next to AppData folder
6. On the next screen, click the "Save settings and run backup" window to run the backup as shown below.

Click the Save settings and run backup button to start the backup
The problem should now be resolved.

Back
Top Bottom