Windows 7 Windows 7 BlueScreen Errors 1A and 24

LeroSama

Hi all,

I've recently been having problems with BlueScreen errors on my Windows 7 x64 system. The system itself is brand-new, being less than 3 months old.

My first one came up randomly and was listed as MEMORY_ERROR. I've ran Window's memory test, as well as memtest, and those results came up clean. In both these cases, I thought that World of Warcraft's out-of-date addons were the problem (as I've only ever gotten these with WoW running), but compared with a friend of mine who runs virtually the same system as mine (including the out-of-date addons) and have found no problems there so far. I've tried analysing the minidumps with Whocrashed, but to no avail.

Just earlier, while playing an mp4 video file, I also experienced the NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM BlueScreen and also analysed it with Whocrashed, but to no avail once more. I have reason to believe with reasonable certainty that it is not one of my hdd's that are giving me trouble (except, possibly, my external -- Windows complains about it having some errors when I plug it in, but nothing of the sort has ever happened before).

The last bit of software that I've installed was Comodo Internet Security, having switched over from Kaspersky Internet Security. With KIS I experienced none of these errors, and am now inclined to think that it may be CIS causing all of these BlueScreens. My system is stable to my knowledge, as I use it frequently in modelling computationally-taxing problems and thus is able to maintain long up-times.

I have attached the relevant minidumps and would appreciate it if anyone could perhaps analyse them further so as to give me an idea of what is going on.

Thanks!

~

View attachment minidumps.zip

Thanks for the quick response! I'll uninstall CIS. Just curious, but would it really be that CIS itself only is causing all of these problems? I haven't heard of such a case before (googled lots of times), but would like to know for future reference.

Though I don't doubt for a second that it's most probably CIS...

Thanks again! :)

~

You can make your pc better though in other ways...

1) Update J-Micron storage driver:

jraid jraid.sys Mon Jan 11 06:28:18 2010

ftp://driver.jmicron.com.tw/SATA_Controller/Windows/JMB36X_WinDrv_R1.17.59_WHQL.zip

2) Update Realtek lan:

Rt64win7 Rt64win7.sys Mon Feb 08 22:42:09 2010

Realtek

3) Uninstall Daemon Tools. It's notorious along with its sptd.sys. After, remove sptd.sys with this installer/uninstaller, being careful to click Uninstall while using:

DuplexSecure - Downloads

Reboot and install PowerISO, as it's emulation is free forever:

PowerISO - Create, Edit, Compress, Encrypt, Split, Mount, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter, Virtual Drive

4) Update video card driver:

atikmpag atikmpag.sys Tue Aug 03 21:15:45 2010

Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

5) Update NEC USB 3.0 driver from motherboard manufacturer's website:

nusb3xhc nusb3xhc.sys Thu Jan 21 22:22:21 2010

Another quick question: how does AVG Free perform on Windows 7 x64? Any reports of it causing BlueScreens or not?

Thanks,

~

It was the far end of extremely notorious last year. It would crash more than you could see at 100 demolition derbys. Lately, it is not as bad. The only antivirus in the world that can not and does not crash a system under any circumstance is MSE and it's the only one I will ever recommend.

Back