Windows 7 Windows 7 Bluescreen

oskar19

Hello forum.
Until recently i have had zero problems with BSOD or similar. But now i repeatingly get BSOD errors.
I have taken SS of the error code.
Link Removed due to 404 Error
My OS is WIndows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
Processor - Intel Core i5
Graphic Card - Leadtek Geforce GTX260
Motherboard - Asus P7P55D PRO
Also zip of my dump file: Link Removed - Invalid URL
Thx in advance!

Last edited:
Do you happen to know what the file spwk.sys is for? You might check your system to see where it is and what details it shows.

Do you have a USB speaker system?

Have you run an in-depth virus scan lately?

And Oh, sorry but I am old and cannot read your attachments...;)

Do you happen to know what the file spwk.sys is for? You might check your system to see where it is and what details it shows.

Do you have a USB speaker system?

Have you run an in-depth virus scan lately?

And Oh, sorry but I am old and cannot read your attachments...;)

I dont know what spwk.sys is needed for. I have got a reply on another forum regarding this file but i have not founded it.

I dont have a USB speker system.

My last scan was a week ago.

I saw that the pictures had been shrinked so ill link to imagehost:

Last edited:
I can only mention two things. The dump file still points at your USB controller. If you are running the Windows driver for your chipset, you might check the manufacturer to see if they have Win 7 chipset drivers.

The second thing is that the spwk.sys file has some comments about a virus situation. It seems you do have the file on your system, probably in the Windows\System32\drivers folder. You may want to search for it and see if some of the procedures to get rid of a possible infection might be helpful.

I can only mention two things. The dump file still points at your USB controller. If you are running the Windows driver for your chipset, you might check the manufacturer to see if they have Win 7 chipset drivers.

The second thing is that the spwk.sys file has some comments about a virus situation. It seems you do have the file on your system, probably in the Windows\System32\drivers folder. You may want to search for it and see if some of the procedures to get rid of a possible infection might be helpful.

I have downloaded and installed a new Chipset update from Asus website.
Will see if that helps

Hmm, getting a new version of my chipset dont seem to work :/

I have heard from another forum that i should reinstall usbehci.sys. How can u do this? Do u just reinstall the USB driver from device manager or is this not the same thing?

BTW i have DL BlueScreenView and here are the results:

:) Again, your attachments are unreadable, by me at least. All you need to do is take a snipping tool picture of them as .gif, or another type, and use the paperclip to attach.

I am not that familiar with reading dump files. I suppose what they are saying may not be the actual cause but as close as they can tell.

USB devices are a little different from other devices in that I show 8. The usbehci.sys driver mentioned is only on the 2 enhanced controllers. You might try uninstalling those 2 and when it asks if you want to remove the drivers from the system say yes.

Earlier you stated you had newer drivers than I..hopefully there is not a virus involved. I suppose you never found any indication of the spwk.sys file?

How do i uninstall this driver? Is it in your Device Manager?

And no i have not found any indication of a spwk.sys file.

PS: I did as u said with the images.

Attachments

• bluescreenview1.JPG
    bluescreenview1.JPG
    280.8 KB · Views: 440
  • bluescreenview2.JPG
    bluescreenview2.JPG
    287.4 KB · Views: 404
Yes, it is in device manager (see attachment). What you do is try the enhanced controllers. Right click and select Uninstall. If it asks if you want to delete drivers say yes.

Do this on both enhanced devices. Windows will reinstall its own drivers. If it will not let you uninstall the device, post back but I cannot try this on mine.

I notice the spwk.sys file shows in your attachments. I hate to keep asking, but we keep dancing around this with you saying it is not on your system. Try looking in the Windows\System32\drivers folder for it and check the details. It may be nothing, but not sure yet.

I also notice Intel seems to be creeping into the discussion. Is there a USB network device involved?

Are you running the ASUS probe utility?

Last edited:
I solved the problem! Apperantly it was my graphic driver who was out of date and causing the crashes.

Thx for all your help forum :)

Back