Windows 7 Bluetooth DriverNightmare

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by josh6135, Dec 5, 2010.

1. josh6135

josh6135 New Member

Dec 5, 2010
    I have found the below posting thorughout many forums on thew internet. Maybe it has been in this forum as well, I apologize if it has been and answered already. I am literally having the same problem as this person below. Except I am using a pc with Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit and the Rocketfish RF-MRBTAD bluetooth adapter. I installed the CD drivers that came with it and did everything the person mentioned below with no luck. Rocketfish help on the phone is useless. They just blame everything on Microsoft. The cd installed a bunch of bluetooth related files in the following path file:///C:/Program%20Files/WIDCOMM/Bluetooth%20Software/

However I can not add a bluetooth device to the add device option in control panel.

Overall I want my computer to have the "B" for bluetooth in the bottom right in the task bar so I can add bluetooth devices as needed. Any help would be appreciated

If someone else owns this adapter and knows that it is just garbage please let me know and I will just return it to Best buy and buy the product below as it seems to have all good reviews. - IOGEAR GBU421W6 Bluetooth 2.1 USB Micro Adapter

Is there an answer for this out there or not?

#1 josh6135, Dec 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2010