Windows 7 Windows 7 Boot Problem

redman

Ok so I was watching some videos, and someone walked in the front door, I tried to quickly close my internet browser firefox before they saw but it wasnt responding for some reason... so I quickly held my power button for 10 seconds to shut the PC down immediately.

But when I booted it up, it started to get increasingly more laggy and laggy. In about 30 seconds- 1 or 2 minutes the computer nearly becomes unresponsive to any click etc.

Theres a video of what my start up looks like.

Now I can boot in safe mode and it works fine, everything responds good.

System restore wasnt on by default so I guess I have no restore points, but I think it must be able to be fixed since safe mode works fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
no i tried that but it said it found a boot up error but it fixed it, and i booted but the same lag issue happens.

i cant even start taskmanager I get some error its not responding.

i rna memory diagnostic and all results are good

It won't help this time - but the best thing anyone can do is make regular backup images of the drive.

I use Macrium Reflect - the free version will image drives/partitions and allows scheduling.

Any problems, just use the boot disc you ran off from within Macrium to restore the image.

Macrium Reflect FREE Edition - Information and download

Do a practice run first - image a small partition and restore it to make sure all goes well.

Look under the startup tab in msconfig, and see if you can identify anything there which could relate to the site you were viewing before switiching off. If there is, then untick it. hilst there, perhaps unticking a few other superfluous items might do the trick (Itunes etc) also.

Back
Top Bottom