Windows 7 Windows 7 BSOD, audio loop

So I ended up lowering my settings from directx 11 to 10.1 along with some other settings and the crashing seemed to have stopped. Hopefully this fixed the issue. Thanks for helping once again.

Starfox another thing you could try is hardware acceleration. See if turning it on or off makes a difference too. You might be able to get DX11 back.

If you want to continue working together to try and determine the possible cause I'm very happy to help?

I actually got DX11 to work again but this time I had to keep vsync on indefinitely. I'm thinking it was mainly due to the game's patches and lack of optimization at this point. However recently I've just gotten a strange BSOD just surfing the web. I've never seen this before and it seems a bit odd. I'm hoping you can help clarify since I'm only used to 0x116 BSODs. Thanks again.

Edit - Now that I'm looking at it through bluescreenview it looks like virtual audio cable might be culprit so I'm going to uninstall and see what happens.

Attachments

• 050415-20451-01.zip
    53.2 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffffa800df0e008, 0, fffff88005397b15, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for vrtaucbl.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for vrtaucbl.sys

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : portcls.sys ( portcls!GetMaxMapRegisters+5 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
yup this driver looks like the culprit:
vrtaucbl.sys Sun Apr 01 10:08:53 2012: Virtual Audio Cable (WDM) either update or remove:
http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php

Back
Top Bottom