Windows 7 Windows 7 BSOD every couple of hours

chazzg

I have a Packard Bell X5620 (M3720) and yes its great quad core and everything but it keeps either freezing or BSOD. I am currently doing exams and coursework and I will be in the middle of a piece and then I get BSOD. work just doesn't save even auto saving :/ so I want to know your advice and what I should do ??? Tell me what else you need to know

Thanks

View attachment Minidump.rar

Has it started recently or done it for some time? Have you made any hardware changes or had any driver updates from Windows update? If so - may be worth running a system restore to some time previous to the problem first appearing.

thats a no can do ive done all this in teh past and its been doing it for a while now id just like to know what i need to do and for someone to read my minidumps.

I have a Packard Bell X5620 (M3720) and yes its great quad core and everything but it keeps either freezing or BSOD. I am currently doing exams and coursework and I will be in the middle of a piece and then I get BSOD. work just doesn't save even auto saving :/ so I want to know your advice and what I should do ??? Tell me what else you need to know

Thanks

View attachment 6476

How long ago did the BSOD's start? Have you performed any Windows Updates / driver updates recently?

How long ago did the BSOD's start? Have you performed any Windows Updates / driver updates recently?
That seems to be just a rephrase of the post I made a little earlier. Or, to quote a remark made to myself just a couple of weeks ago: "Could you please try to be a little bit more helpful next time as opposed to rephrasing my question / suggestion?"

And fear not Jessica, I'm not being brash or offensive - but I do have a sense of humour and I love irony!

Last edited:
That seems to be just a rephrase of the post I made a little earlier. Or, to quote a remark made to myself just a couple of weeks ago: "Could you please try to be a little bit more helpful next time as opposed to rephrasing my question / suggestion?"

And fear not Jessica, I'm not being brash or offensive - but I do have a sense of humour and I love irony!

My apologies...I was not trying to repeat anything said -- I honestly didn't realize that you had already said something along the same lines. We both just want to help here. :)

Not a problem, couldn't agree more - we are all doing our little bit to try and help - I just laughed at the irony of you making the same error I did a couple of weeks ago and for which you duly admonished me

Not a problem, couldn't agree more - we are all doing our little bit to try and help - I just laughed at the irony of you making the same error I did a couple of weeks ago and for which you duly admonished me

I apologize for that -- in my mind, I didn't quite understand why you posted the suggestion in the title and then the subject to read the title. That was my "problem" -- the context. But I digress and apologize. Glad you are on here and we can all partner together to help.

Hello !!

I just analyzed your Dump files more likely the issue with your Network card possible the Realtek. Because the Dump are pointing to RTL85n64.sys which belongs to Realtek and also pointing to few other Network Drivers. So what I would suggest is to Download a fresh copy of Network Drivers from the manufactures website then disconnected from Internet remove the Network Drivers go to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers and make sure RTL85n64.sys and Rt64win7.sys is deleted from that location. Rebooted the System and reinstall your Network Driver.

And there is a very old drivers (From 2005) that MarvinBus64.sys belongs to Pinnacle that is high risk. I would recommend to uninstall the Drivers complete and see if there is any Updates.

Code:
MarvinBus64.sys 9/24/2005 2:47:03 AM

Hardware Diagnostic

Run the Link Removed - Invalid URL & Link Removed - Invalid URL

Also i would recommend to run System Integrity Checker
Start > Run > CMD >Right Click and Run as administrator > SFC/ SCANNOW

Bugcheck:

Code:
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Thu May 27 14:30:43.682 2010 (GMT+5)
System Uptime: 0 days 16:02:44.945
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
BUGCHECK_STR:  0xA
PROCESS_NAME:  System
IMAGE_NAME:  NETIO.SYS
Hope this helps,
Captain

Beside what Capt Jack says, since you seem to be involved with an academic situation, are you running anything related to your course work or you school network?

This should be an easy repair. The problems are caused by sptd.sys.

Code:
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\sptd.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for sptd.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for sptd.sys
Probably caused by : hidusb.sys ( hidusb!HumReadReport+13f )
Please uninstall Daemon Tools and then use the installer/uninstaller found here to remove sptd.sys:

DuplexSecure - Downloads

Others have given excellent advice and should be followed, but this is what the real problem is.

You could also use an update for your NVIDIA video card:

Code:
nvlddmkm nvlddmkm.sys Sun Sep 27 20:12:06 2009
NVIDIA

I see you have PowerIso installed already. Please us that for drive emulation instead as it is very stable on Win7. There's an update available for it though and that's always good no matter what:

PowerISO - Create, Edit, Compress, Encrypt, Split, Mount, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter, Virtual Drive

Back