Windows 7 Windows 7 BSOD issues

nononomebusy

Hi guys,

I really hope someone can help me with this problem I am having with Windows 7. I will start by trying to give you as much detail as to what is happening:

I recently installed the 64 bit build 7100 onto my computer and I keep getting the BSOD randomly at different times, sometimes it can go a day without BSODing and sometimes it can happen in minutes of an episode.

Here are a list of things I have been doing on certain BSODs:

Copying files from an external HDD to an internal HDD
Surfing the internet using Firefox
Scanning for viruses using AVG
Nothing - just sitting on the desktop!

I thought it may be something to do with the hardware as mentioned in various posts before, so I went ahead and swapped parts with my second rig which has been running windows 7 with no problems of BSOD to see what caused the problem. I have switched ram, HDDs, graphics cards and motherboards and have not been able to recreate the problem at all on my second rig, however whatever I have changed in the first rig has still BSOD'd (insanity!). The only thing I can think of is the case is causing the problem, it does seem that it BSOD's more when the front USB ports are in use.

What is more frustrating is that I have windows xp professional and I have reverted back to that on the first rig and have had no problems at all - which makes me think it may be an incompatibility with something I am running on my first rig.

The specs for my rig are below:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 6000+ 3.00gz
RAM: 8gb DDR2 Ram
HDD: Maxtor 500gb 7200rpm x 2
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GEForce 8600GT

update: I managed to get the BSOD to stop here is what is says:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage
to your computer.

BAD_POOL_HEADER

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen,
restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow
these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
If this is a new installation, ask you hardware or software manufacturer
for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware
or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart
your computer. Press F8 to select Advanced startup options. and then
select safe mode.

Technical Inforamtion:
*** STOP: 0x00000019 (0x0000000000000020, 0xFFFFFA8006CF4000, 0xFFFFFA80006CF4F30, 0
x0000000004F30000)

Collecting data for crash dump...
Initializing data for crash dump...
Beginning dump of physical memory...
Dumping Physical Memory to Disk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope someone can help as it is unbelievably frustrating that everything other than windows 7 works on this build!

If you need any more information, please let me know and I'll give it to you - I think I have covered everything!

Last edited:
My best guess is your RAM... Have you switched any hardware components lately? Did you run with the same hardware under dirrefent operating systems (without problems)?

thanks for the help it turns out however that it was the wireless device driver - whenever our wireless connection drops (which is fequently as we have a crappy netgear router that overheats) the rig BSOD's :(

solution: bought a new wireless device :p

Back