Windows 7 Windows 7 Build 7070 now available

hbailla

few days after Windows 7 Build 7068 , microsoft release windows 7 7070 , this release can be a sign for the quik developpement of this new os .
More crumbs from the Windows 7 Release Candidate branch development are now available with the leaked screenshots for Build 7070. As Microsoft is making headway with the development of its next iteration of the Windows client and server platform, the translucent communications lid continues to be set firmly in place, in accordance with the new policy for sharing Windows development process details
imposed by Steven Sinofsky, senior vice
president, Windows and Windows Live Engineering Group. And while the Redmond company has indeed opened up on some aspects of the engineering process and changes from Beta to RC, fact is that juicy details such as information related to the actual builds themselves became available to the public only through leaks.

The Windows 7 development milestones have reached Build 7070, as you can very well see from the screenshots included with this article, courtesy of Facepunch. The full build number, namely 6.1.7070.0.winmain.090324-1853, reveals that this release of Win 7 was compiled on March 24, 2009, just a few days after Windows 7 Build 7068.

read the whole article at : computer news: Windows 7 Build 7070 now available

Once again.. don't use daily/interim builds people.. ;) Their not worth the time and effort it takes to download them (illegally) and install them build after build.. just wait for the RC.. :) Not long to wait now....

How is downloading interim build is illegal (Which low?) , i am not breaking any EULA, nor any low or NDA ... the person who leaked these builds may violate NDA and EULA contract and/or copyright distributional low, but for me nothing.

I download copyrighted software... yes .... but the issue is with installing, not downloading.... when i installed the interim build i agreed to the EULA and my beta keys worked perfectly. yes is not "official build"; and even may not approved by microsoft them self .... but it's 100% legal .... i think :p

You are correct on both counts. It is not illegal to install and run the build, if that is what you want. It will possibly be crippled in the future though. It is a dilemma which Microsoft brought on themselves, and, if you read the comments on their site, which they cannot now reverse. Microsoft admit that they should have used individual keys for each build - Easy to do as the distirbuted numbers were small.
In my country of abode, however, and slowly spreading, some of the major ISP's (wrongly) consider using a P2P as illegal.

Hi Dave

How CAN using a P2P (per se) be ILLEGAL. It's like saying You've got a Car -- it's illegal to use it.

It's NOT the technology - it's what you do with it. For instance downloading commercial / copyright stuff IS "Illegal" but of course people do it -- so is driving a car without due attention to other road users etc.

I think someone should round up a few oif these lawyers and either tell them "to go and make a sexual move with a Duck" or just string them up from the nearest lamposts.

A lot of this stuff could easily be avoided if people made products AFFORDABLE, didn't in this Internet age release music / films at different times in different countries, and made the stuff easily and quickly available.

And BTW isn't it about time that STUPID regional encoding on DVD's was removed - especially on a Laptop-- if I travel (legitimately) on business to the USA why should my DVD viewing be "hobbled" because I am "only meant to watch Region 2 DVD's". Of course there's a way round this -- but it's these sort of irritants that spawn the whole type of "Piracy" stuff. And once it becomes a large market in its own right -- it then becomes attractive for Organised crime -- so a few kids fiddling around to LEGITIMATELY watch a film / play some music they've LEGITIMATELY purchased creates a whole new Industry attracting all sorts of "dubious" people.

Why the music / film / software execs can't understand this SIMPLE fact is just totally beyond belief. It's obvious to anybody who has an IQ of about 8 or above.

Cheers
jimbo

Hi Jimbo.
Maybe I should have stressed "torrent sites" There are certainly, here, several well known ones which are blocked by the leading ISP,s.
I,m not quite sure if I agree with you that downloading "copyright" or "commercial" software is iilegally, but that would be an interesting court case. At my age I could plead senility or insanity and not knowing the difference - lol..
We are entering another area here with the remainder of your comment. For the average user, I do not think the lower priced versions of any OS are extravagant - not for something which will run you computer successfully for many years. There are, after all, many alternatives, some free. You are not forced to use Microsoft's products. If I believe the millions of posters on other sites (I don't!!) then for example, Linux appears tp be superior anyway.
I agree with you on you point about the DVD useage, but I have never been afflicted with the problem. Maybe country specific??

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dave

-- some companies like NOVELL encourage the use of Torrents to download the latest version of the open source OPENSUSE 11.1 Linux distro. It's actually a good way of downloading stuff without overloading commercial servers etc. Some users (and we usually know who they are) give these sites a bad name etc.

I think even well established organisations like S.E.T.I use a lot of P2P stuff for quite legitimate purposes (although I know some people regard S.E.T.I as being a little bit better than "The Flat Earth Society").

By downloading Commercial / Copyright software --- I meant of course downloading Pirate / Hacked / other modified copies -- not products which the downloader has paid for and accepted the license.

Windows 7 is actually in an interesting case as it's not being charged for currently and Microsoft has been deafeaningly silent in the whole business of "leaked builds".

I would say that whilst most people do not willingly use pirate software etc -- there IS a certain amount of ambivalence on obtaining the latest builds -- I'm guilty as well.

As we are all likely to purchase the final product it's quite easy to "salve our consciences" by saying "well we are testing it for Microsoft as well).

I won't believe that Forums such as these are NEVER read by the powers that be in Seattle. If they wanted to stop this stuff working it would be really easy :

1) Why are the BETA keys still working.
2) As soon as you logon to the Internet - any "leaked" build could always "Ring Home" whereupon Microsoft could do anything it liked to hobble the product. Any "101 Learning Coder" could probably fix this for them.

I don't like the idea of ISP's getting involved in blocking sites -- where does this end -- we've seen already how much freedom is being ceeded back to the Police and State in hitherto quite democratic countries like the USA and UK all "in the name of terrorism / National security". Once given up these freedoms are almost never returned again to the individuals.

The ISP should just be an "apolitical supplier". After all "Guns don't kill people" It's People who do the killing.

Thank goodness that the Internet is almost impossible to control in spite of fairly populous countries (and some not so populous one's) attempting to do just that.

Cheers
jimbo

Once again.. don't use daily/interim builds people.. ;) Their not worth the time and effort it takes to download them (illegally) and install them build after build.. just wait for the RC.. :) Not long to wait now....

Hi there
If you have a fast ISP it only takes around an hour or two at the most anyway .

Just enough time to vist the local Hostelry for a nice drink or two (or three) :razz::razz:.
Keeps the servers busy as well.

cheers
jimbo

Last edited:
Will toss in my thoughts...from the depths of Asia (American living in Vietnam).

To begin, I have always used licensed software in both personal and professional avenues. Mostly because I never quite trusted cracked software. For years, I have run legal copies of Windows and up to date security software...and NEVER had a problem. And yes, I have visited some sites of questionable integrity. I pretty much have always had the same policy for movies and music. Although, I do bit torrent a TV show from time to time in the past year or two...(simply just unavailable over here). ~guilty smile~ All that said...with a brand new Vaio in the past couple weeks...I could not help but pull down the latest W7 build....but will surely pay for a license when the time comes.

Back to the topic...pirated DVD's abound here. Adobe CS 4 which retails for $2,300+ is about $1.20 here. Screw the time to bit torrent it...someone does the work once and everyone shares it. But...even a $1.20 can be half a day's wages to some people here.

As globalization continues, how do we (global society of all socio-economic levels) deal with the availability of technology for those with less means? Even if someone earns $1,000 a month here (which is RARE)...will they really spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on software? Should they? Or should they not "steal" and be left to being really good at making blue-jeans instead of developing other talents?

The BSA (Business Software Alliance) is here in force now...legislation has been passed...the World Trade Organization membership is in full effect now...which means easy trade for companies like Wal-Mart and The Gap...but means the eventual crack-down on such illegal CD shops. (of course...they will never disappear...but just become a little more rare and difficult to find)...saw a similar pattern in Indonesia...police raids on such shops, etc. Complicated issue, as it is at times driven by police looking for $ and real pushes by BSA members at other times.

Really...should the top 5-10% of the earners in a country like Vietnam, still have to choose to not use the latest technology because it is too expensive? Maybe the top 2-3% could really afford it. And what about the other 90%? Give them a really simple OS and a browser on a $100 machine??? Pat ourselves on the back...saying we brought "technology" to the masses (those who can afford $100)? Sure...they can blog or read The New York Times online...but don't let them learn new OS's, graphic design applications, or otherwise...

A bit of rant...~smile~...but a topic that certainly needs further examination.

Last edited:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA man did you guys ever take my comment out of context.. hahahaha I wasn't even trying to debate whether or not torrent use or P2P use was illegal or not.. :)

Some good points from all though.. :)

-- some companies like NOVELL encourage the use of Torrents to download the latest version of the open source OPENSUSE 11.1 Linux distro. It's actually a good way of downloading stuff without overloading commercial servers etc."

Yes. I am perfectly aware of that, hence my comment "Some of the major ISP,s wrongly)..etc."

"Windows 7 is actually in an interesting case as it's not being charged for currently and Microsoft has been deafeaningly silent in the whole business of "leaked builds".

As I said, it's not reversable. The builds have been leaked, that's history. At this stage, Microsoft are, in any case, well aware that they will all expire.

"I won't believe that Forums such as these are NEVER read by the powers that be in Seattle. "

I don't recall saying anything approaching that, and they are certainly covered, They are a good source of all kinds of information, to Microsoft's benefit. Of topical ineterest is that the Administrator of another similar site, rife with exchanges of info on the latest builds, has just been awarded an annual MVP! Admittedly links are not given but, like this site, that is an artificial concept of morality.

Last edited by a moderator:
"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA man did you guys ever take my comment out of context.. hahahaha I wasn't even trying to debate whether or not torrent use or P2P use was illegal or not.."

Maybe our understanding of English is not as sophisticated as yours

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA man did you guys ever take my comment out of context.. hahahaha I wasn't even trying to debate whether or not torrent use or P2P use was illegal or not.."

Maybe our understanding of English is not as sophisticated as yours

No, apparently you don't take the time to actually read the post.. ;) I was saying that using daily builds is a waste of time... I simply threw the word "illegally" in there because I knew this is exactly what would happen.. people would freak out and start a huge debate on the legality of torrents and file sharing.. It's interesting stuff to read and I always like a good debate.. :) So next time, maybe just read the post a little more carefully... ;)

Back