Windows 7 Windows 7 customization script

gtnkl

Hi,

I need a script to automatically; 1) add Quick Launch on the Toolbar and 2) set the desired Default format, Default input language, and the desired Input languages and keyboard services in Region and Language (Control Panel). The reason for this is because these settings are lost when you sysprep the desktop which becomes a problem when the desktop is imaged for deployment. What I'm planning is to run the script after installing the image on the target desktop. I hope somebody can help me. Thanks.

I can give you Quicklaunch
This is an Link Removed - Invalid URL v3.3.6.1 released (16th April, 2010), remove the .txt from end, compile and run it.

On the sysprep are you using /generalize? That removes customize settings. You can call an additional xml with sysprep and add those settings

Attachments

• 7QuickLaunch.au3.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 1,373
Last edited:
Link Removed due to 404 Error
I'll try it. Thank you Veegertx.
BTW, when you use that autoit you see that Quicklaunch appears near clock, heres the fix
Right click on the Quicklaunch and disable Show text

Right click Taskbar and unlock
Hover mouse right next to Start button over the little dividers, left click and hold
Drag all the way to right past clock, boom, Quicklaunch jumps back to left near Start where it belongs
Of course I have usually done unpinned the 3 stupid things 7 puts in it's Taskbar but you can keep dragging things till you get what you want
Drag a divider to left near end of Quicklaunch and then Lock Taskbar, otherwise when it fills up it starts messing with Quicklaunch length

Included here is the compiled version of the autoit script and the .au3

Attachments

• 7QuickLaunch.zip
    270 KB · Views: 934
Last edited:
Veegertx, awesome program! Does exactly what I need! But it doesn't seem to work on Windows 8 Consumer Preview. For some reason regedit pops up and the script stalls. It is possible to manually activate the Quick Launch tool bar in W8 CP, so that doesn't seem to be the problem per se.

Is there any change you'll port 7QuickLaunch.exe for W8? Thanks, AsokAsus

Link Removed due to 404 Error
BTW, when you use that autoit you see that Quicklaunch appears near clock, heres the fix
Right click on the Quicklaunch and disable Show text

Right click Taskbar and unlock
Hover mouse right next to Start button over the little dividers, left click and hold
Drag all the way to right past clock, boom, Quicklaunch jumps back to left near Start where it belongs
Of course I have usually done unpinned the 3 stupid things 7 puts in it's Taskbar but you can keep dragging things till you get what you want
Drag a divider to left near end of Quicklaunch and then Lock Taskbar, otherwise when it fills up it starts messing with Quicklaunch length

Included here is the compiled version of the autoit script and the .au3

Yes, Veegertx, I was looking at 1.0.5 on MSFN Forum also and wondering if it was the same thing. Now I know. Maybe I'll post over there too about it not working on W8 CP. BTW, that's how I tested it, namely in a VirtualBox VM because W8 CP won't work with Microsoft Virtual PC.

At any rate, a fix would be great if you want to bother. I'm not an AutoIt programmer, so I wouldn't be able to fix it myself.

Thanks, AsokAsus

Thats not my autoit script. I got it over here
Quick Launch Classic 7 Tool 1.0.5 - MSFN Forum
I didn't try this with 8 yet. Can probably be fixed. I'll have to rebuild again and open up in a VM

Back