Windows 7 Windows 7 Disk

Jakeman9080

When i bought this computer @ best buy it didn't come with any windows 7 disk. I was wondering if i went to best buy to pick up Windows 7 Home Premium (that's what my computer has) will the windows 7 disk work on my computer? because i need it to fix my computer.

-Thanks Jake

Was there a recovery partition on your PC? You should be able to burn a set from that and be like new. You can also download the Windows 7 ISO from Digital river and burn it to DVD. Make sure you don't burn any faster than 4X. What problem are you trying to fix?
Joe

I have the AVG Update Error and i already tried that but i cant go in safe mode or anything would a new Windows 7 CD work?

Hi

You should be able to restore your computer via the "Recovery Partition".

Pretty much every laptop comes with one now, (you didn't say what kind of computer you have) that's why they don't give you a disk.
You should make your own though once things are up and running again.
There should be a utility to do that.

Check your manufacturer to find out how to access system recovery or post the make and model of your computer here.

Usually its by tapping f11 or alt f11 or something like that buy it varies by manufacture.

Mike

I bought the computer from Best buys they used to hand out Windows 7 Disk with it but they stopped also i have a pavilion Slimline S5220y PC: Windows 7 Home Premium

I have the AVG Update Error and i already tried that but i cant go in safe mode or anything would a new Windows 7 CD work?

Hi

You should be able to restore your computer via the "Recovery Partition".

Pretty much every laptop comes with one now, (you didn't say what kind of computer you have) that's why they don't give you a disk.
You should make your own though once things are up and running again.
There should be a utility to do that.

Check your manufacturer to find out how to access system recovery or post the make and model of your computer here.

Usually its by tapping f11 or alt f11 or something like that buy it varies by manufacture.

Mike
If you have a problem with AVG preventing your computer from booting have you tried this remedy
AVG Forums - How To Disable AVG When The Operating System Cannot Be Started Properly
Regarding media for your PC, have you read this concerning creating and or ordering Recovery Disks for your PC
Link Removed - Invalid URL

Back
Top Bottom