Windows 7 Windows 7 dual boot (x86 / x64) and BitLocker encryption failure after running startup repair utilit

Godstoge

I have an issue which I need resolved. My hard drive had about 5 different partitions, one for Win7 x86, Win7 x64, Misc, Encrypted Data and Virtual Machines.

The Encrypted Data partition was secured with BitLocker - The OS-partitions was _not_ secured with BitLocker.

Now what happened was that I had to run the startup repair utility on my Win7 x64 installation and this completely messed up things for me.

I have lost the Encrypted Data and Virtual Machine-partition. I do not care about the VMs, but the Data contains vital information which I have not backed up yet.

Ontop of losing the two partitions, a new partition called HP_tools re-appeared. This partition was removed when I scratched the OEM-installation approx. a year ago.

I urgently need to recover this Data-partition. Can anyone help?

Additional information: I do have unallocated space (between other partitions) on my hard drive, but none at the exact size of my encrypted partition.

This us a strange situation, but I am assuming you have a license for both the x86 and x64 versions of Win 7.

I would have to guess the system is confused due to multiple versions of software being installed.

Back
Top Bottom