Windows 7 dual boot (x86 / x64) and BitLocker encryption failure after running startup repair utilit

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by Godstoge, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Godstoge

Godstoge New Member

Jan 26, 2011
    I have an issue which I need resolved. My hard drive had about 5 different partitions, one for Win7 x86, Win7 x64, Misc, Encrypted Data and Virtual Machines.

The Encrypted Data partition was secured with BitLocker - The OS-partitions was _not_ secured with BitLocker.

Now what happened was that I had to run the startup repair utility on my Win7 x64 installation and this completely messed up things for me.

I have lost the Encrypted Data and Virtual Machine-partition. I do not care about the VMs, but the Data contains vital information which I have not backed up yet.

Ontop of losing the two partitions, a new partition called HP_tools re-appeared. This partition was removed when I scratched the OEM-installation approx. a year ago.

I urgently need to recover this Data-partition. Can anyone help?

Additional information: I do have unallocated space (between other partitions) on my hard drive, but none at the exact size of my encrypted partition.
  2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Excellent Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

Oct 16, 2009
    This us a strange situation, but I am assuming you have a license for both the x86 and x64 versions of Win 7.

I would have to guess the system is confused due to multiple versions of software being installed.