Windows 7 Windows 7 Freeze

Do not know yet, its takes one day at a time, its when I leave the pc at night, then again I just ran for gas filled up lawnmower tanks, cut the grass, took a good 5 or 6 hours, came back to the pc and had no freezes, But! will find if it freezes in the morning, it seems like something kicks in at night like a schedule of something and it locks up,, thats why I disabled ALot of scheduled Tasks that were starting up at 12am & at 1am.

are you still having your freezes?

Do not know yet, its takes one day at a time, its when I leave the pc at night, then again I just ran for gas filled up lawnmower tanks, cut the grass, took a good 5 or 6 hours, came back to the pc and had no freezes, But! will find if it freezes in the morning, it seems like something kicks in at night like a schedule of something and it locks up,, thats why I disabled ALot of scheduled Tasks that were starting up at 12am & at 1am.

are you still having your freezes?

Ok. I will be curious to hear how things go. I have an AMD setup and an Intel/nVidia setup, both working well with Win7. I posted about my AMD setup in this thread, post #14, it was freezing, but is running well now. My laptop with the nVidia graphics chip (8600M GT) never had problems.

Maybe you weren't unjustified in leaving Win7 x64 after all. Although less frequent with the latest drivers from RALink (as of 4Nov09), if RALink devices are installed in my system, I still get random freezes.

I'm still using Windows 7 x64 regardless of the occassional freezes, but I would like to narrow down the cause of the instability. I'm not ready to do a fresh install and test various third party drivers individually, but I have uninstalled many of the applications that I originally installed and removed many of the startup applications.

My current setup is as follows:
MS Windows 7 64-bit
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+, 2.0GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE

I'm running with the minimum suggested amound of ram for x64, but that shouldn't be a problem since these freezes tend to occur when ram usuage is only around 50-60%. I'm using the latest version of the nVidia driver: 195.39 (beta).

I am having the same issue.

win7 x64 pro
i7 920 no OC
Corsair 4gb (had 12, narrowing it down to 2 modules, but it is on the compatibility list)
GTX260
Kingwin Mach1 700w
Asus P6T

Friday i was able to run Prime95 and Burn In Test several times, do multiple test with no issue. I played music, loaded 3D drafting software even did some renderings.

Sunday was a really bad day. About 20min of being on, the computer froze up while i was setting up my media library's in WMC. From there is went down hill. Even the BIOS froze up while loading. I noticed a trend when rebooting, if a successful restart then BIOS loaded fine. If manual restart, or BSOD, then Express Gate would not load properly (missing installation file), or BIOS would hang, or NTDLR missing, or boot source missing.

I started an RMA for the mobo and thought it was just a setting or the fact that i did have bad ram, but since taking care of all that it seems to be worse.

I have gotten the same stop code, changed the minidump location but still have yet to see any files show up. I started an RMA for the board and am going to send it in today unless someone thinks its something else.

Any other ideas.

Back