Windows 7 Windows 7 Fresh Install BootMGR missing

nibbi

Hi

I just purchased Dell Inspiron n4010 laptop without OS...
I am trying to install Windows 7 enterprise edition but every time i get the error

BOOTMGR IS MISSING
Press CTRL.......

I have changed the default boot options to dvd from hard disk...but the error persists
I also tried to install Windows XP but the installation halts at a blue screen saying that system is shutting down to avoid any loss...(Code 00X00....)

I then tried to install Free Dos that came alongwith the system but even that is also not installing and error is generated that many of the files are not located on the DVD...

Can someone help me over this issue...

Just at the start...

I insert Windows 7 DVD...dvd rom reads the dvd and then the error appears bootmgr missing...

Sounds like the install dvd you have is not bootable - you will need to install an operating system to the hard drive which you can then run the installation.

Yup Exactly

I installed Windows Vista Now and then installed Windows 7 over it and this worked...
Much Thanks...

btw...I also tried to install Windows xp but why it didnt install over this system??can u help me over that??? Files start loading but then suddenly error msg appears that windows has detected a problem with your hard disk possibly because of virus......Error 00xx00....

Why does this happen?

Are you trying to install over an existing operating system from within that OS? If so you may have problems.

Have you tried installing from the bootup, setting the DVD drive as the "First Boot Device" in the BIOS?

Doing "upgrade" install over an existing OS will cause issues down the road, you should do a clean or "custom" install.

The problem with the hard disk if you were trying to install XP is that you probably have a SATA drive and there are no SATA drivers built into the XP installation setup so it thinks you have a problem with the drive (which you haven't).

Back
Top Bottom